1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ATI launches Radeon HD 6500M, 6300M

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 29 Nov 2010.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I have to say like others sticking to ATI naming is fairly unprofessional...

As for these new AMD Mobile GPU, awesome cant wait to see some test results to start popping up here and there.

2. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

I seem to remember reading that they were sticking with ATI for a while because that is what most people search for, they are after all a business, wake up and stop being so picky.

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I still look for 3dfx branded cards - damn you Nvidia.

Mobile graphics is a confusing world, with the same series name performing totally differently from mobile to desktop. Also, the laptop manufacturers seem to mess around with clock speeds so you don't always get the 'full fat' version of the GPU you think you are getting (i have an Nvidia GT330M in my laptop, but the default clocks are way below the spec).

Driver support is also patchy at best, depending on the laptop manufacturer.

Personally, i'm interested to see what the Fusion APU's bring in terms of mobile gaming next year - especially in the sub 15" laptop sector.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2010
  4. HourBeforeDawn

lol you know they could leave ATI in the meta tags and be picked up just fine when people search but use proper naming in the review itself ;)

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Such entertainment from what label bit tech used. Watching you guys get upset over nothing is pretty funny.

6. HourBeforeDawn

improper use of wording, branding and so on is part of the very reason why there are so many dumbasses in the world... it doesnt help to re-enforce incorrect information like for example, one that practically everyone makes a mistake of is when they cut themselves and ask for a band-aid in a general sense, thats actually a brand name not an actual product, the proper term is adhesive strip, there are many other examples of this which further show the ignorance of people and its not helped when people have a chance to properly inform and they choose not to. That shows poor character.

7. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

From the link posted, it looks as if AMD is having a bit of stupidity too , maybe you should set them straight

Oh, and here, have a kleenex for your sniffles ;)

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Sandy Bridge + APU + This all in a Mac Book Pro k thanks

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

When I cut myself I use a plaster. But that is because I'm not from the USA. But I know what you mean. It's the same as us asking for Cellotape to wrap up presents when that's actually a brand name. We should call it sticky tape. But people use the most commonly associated word with what they want. So long as everyone understands, what is the issue really?

What amused me with the thread was just the way it quickly progressed into insults.

10. HourBeforeDawn

In reality there really isnt any harm but in this case I figured it would be better to start using the correct company name or at the very least call them Radeon instead as a separator to not confuse people with CPU products.

Tags: Add Tags