1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Radeon X1900 family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 24 Jan 2006.

1. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Fixed :)

SP3 delayed again? That is some distance away. I believe they will be introducing the new winFS with SP3 now that it has been stripped from Vista, so I guess it's winFS that will dictate when SP3 arrives?

2. dom_

dom_ --->

i thought sp3 was dropped totally.

3. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Pretty thorough article once again!

I'm not very surprised by ATI's 'success' with 1900xt(x)'s. Still the gameplay results look pretty good. I guess the ball is in the green corner at the moment.

Interestingly however, 1900xt crossfire doesn't seem to fare so well with 3dmark06 results if they are to be trusted, not that it would make any difference to the actual games that are tested here. Just considering the future...

One thing that bothered me was the DoD:Source result comments: first you state that 1900xtx was faster than gtx 512 with 2048x1536 2xQAAA 16xAFHQ and then you go on saying that actually 1600x1200 6xQAAA 16xAFHQ was a better choice. Still you're listing the gtx 512 to have best playable settings for 2048x1536 2xTSS 16xAF and have almost no explanation as to why the settings were different...why not use 1600x1200 with the gtx 512 also? (and there's no mention in the benefits that a single gtx 512 would have a higher res) I am aware that this wasn't supposed to be a 512 gtx review, but it's hard to know if you've understood everything correctly without having a clear explanation

Could it be that there has been some sort of a confusion when writing that part or is it just my lack of understanding I wonder...perhaps the oxygen deprivation you experienced when testing explains the situation a bit...You really should remember to breath every once in a while when benching =]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that more of a coding issue than hardware related? From what I've understood, there's some trickery involved in getting AA and HDR elements to work together?

In DoD:Source, the HDR is alot different from that of Farcry for an example...I don't know how exactly but so I've understood from some talks with graphic oriented people...

Tags: Add Tags