1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Automatic *Rifle at Wallmart? WTH

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 17 Dec 2012.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Walmart was selling beer, last time I went to Plattsburgh. I even drank a Yuengling with a stranger, in the parking loll

2. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I want my Walmart to sell guns! Yes they do sell beer and wine in Walmart. We need more people control not more gun control, a gun is only a tool as any other weapon can be used as a tool. Guns don't hurt people hurt people.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

Could you be more cliché in your saying ? PLEASE ! You can't control peoples but you can control guns and make it more difficult to freaks to purchase one and be tempted to break in a school to kill 20 kids. You won't prevent every massacre but you'll surely prevent some, ain't that worth it ? I'd rather see a crazyman with a knife than with an AK-47.

By the way you live in the most creminalized state of the land of the free.

4. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Well in order to buy an AK 47 (which is fully auto) you have to either create a gun trust, or buy a class 3 firearms license. Neither one of those is quick or cheap. Now I believe what your referring to is a semi auto weapon which means that you pull the trigger after every shot. Well these come in a variety of shapes and sizes, you can have the "Assault Rifle", the hand gun or a shot gun. Now all three are used for boar hunting in Florida and I personally would like to have more than 1 or 2 shots with a pissed off 400+ lb boar coming at me (not sure about you but that's your decision). People can do just as much damage or more(if you have ever seen what a sawed off shotgun can do) with a Semi auto shotgun, a pump shotgun, or a double barrel shotgun. You can even do a lot of damage with a revolver which carries anywhere from 5 to 10 shots depending on caliber and maker. With the 38 special and other variants there are speed loaders which cut reloading time down a lot, not quite as fast as a semi auto but with multiple guns are you going to go argue with the guy or hide?

I agree that there should be better background checks, mental health checks, and required firearms training for people other than law enforcement and military which already have training in place. So you do have a point but my point is that the weapon is only a means to an end, take away a gun and someone will use another weapon be it a sword or car bomb.

TBS your last statement is kind of funny, yes this state is technically part of the United States but if you have ever been to South Florida you would know it is more northern South America. Yes there is a lot of crime in South Florida, I.E. Liberty City.

5. TheBlackSwordsMan

You won't kill 30 persons with a sword, at least one can defend himself versus a swordsman. About the bomb car, it's more difficult to find C4 or Borax than a AR-15 : / Moreover, crazyman usually think they'll get away...who wants to die ?

If I said so about Florida, it's because my father saw 3 cops gettin' shot on the Florida Turnpike : / They asked for papers, they got lead.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

7. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I do have a few issues with this. Yes a rifle is simply just a tool just like a knife, but unlike a knife a rifle is made for the single purpose of killing with no other real purpose to speak of. And while you may say that you want a rile with more than two rounds for boar I have a hard time accepting that as if you really miss on your first two rounds I would say that you have to go to the firing range for some time before you go hunting again. And yes I am a hunter and we do have boar in Europe and most people use a bolt action rifle for those, you should not and do not need a semi auto 10+ shot rifle for it.

While I personally am A gun nut and would love to be able to buy whatever weapon I wanted the price society pays for allowing everyone to have weapons is really too high. And again if you would argue that guns don't kill people then why is it illegal to buy a 777 Howitzer or a TANK because you know guns don't kill people people kill people.

At least you can run away from a person with a knife, a sword or a baseball bat, and a person with a bolt action or two -tree round semi are going to spend a lot more time reloading than otherwise, leaving less time for the actual killing part.

Guessing the rules are different depending on where you are, and again it is close to ten years since I was there.

And drinking beer with complete strangers is one of life small joys :D

Me want XD

Last edited: 18 Dec 2012
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That's beautiful.

Considering there's guns in it, it should probably be a little more secure, though..

Re: Gun control.

Licensing for guns is a must. Guns are designed to kill, bullets have a lot of time and money spent on them designing the optimal way to kill someone for the bullets size.

I love guns, I really do, but I am forever thankful that the UK makes it incredibly difficult to get a gun - The halfwits and psychopaths out there that try and kill people with cars, bats, themselves, bits of rock and god knows what else - They do not need their killing spree to be enabled further with easily obtainable firearms.

America, you have so much right, but by the same token - So very bloody much wrong. Your gun control is astonishingly pathetic, you should in no way be allowed an automatic rifle because you "hunt" (If it takes more than one shot, you need more training..), you shouldn't feel the need to have guns to make your home "safe".

It's a vicious combination of "rights" (Seriously, it's not a basic human right to own a gun..) and escalation (IE: "I live in a shitty area, I need a big gun to protect what is mine").

I'd love a gun room. I'd love an M82A1 (Its design is astoundingly beautiful), I'd love an AW338 (Again, it's beautiful), I'd love a selection of M1911's, I'd adore an M468, and I'd be happier than ever if I could have all of them. I guess, in a way, I am a gun nut. But I'm thankful that I can't pop down to the corner store and buy any of them. It shouldn't be the case that Police need to be armed in certain neighbourhoods, it certainly shouldn't be the case that citizens feel the need to be armed.

If I had my way, it wouldn't be legal to keep a functioning gun in your home - It should all be securely locked away at a shooting ground or a registered gun storage unit. Anywhere but the home. IMO, all guns should be tagged with GPS markers, and marked in ways other than serial numbers to denote the owner. It should not be as easy as it is to get an unregistered, unlicensed, gun.

Yes, Walmart is selling within the law (IE: Not automatic), but I've seen the procedure for modifying most armalite style weapons to be automatic, and frankly, it's hilariously easy for someone with a bit of gumption and access to some, fairly basic, tools.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Also can a mod move this into serious?

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Not to pee on your parade, Docodine, but.. Well. That's a film, and a Quentin Tarantino one at that..

Reality isn't likely to be following suit any time soon.

11. docodine

WAIT WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL

I think this clip is all the proof you'll need though:

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

To quote Eddie Izzard.
    The problem is that people kill people... with guns

Also, this is the ninth mass shooting in America this year.

The solution to idiots with guns is not even more idiots with guns, America is like a junky trying to justify it's next fix, no matter how terrible the consequences what happened before was the last time, they swear.

13. docodine

WE ALREADY WON OUR FREEDOM STOP CRITICIZING OUR HARD-WON RIGHTS

edit:

[​IMG]

Sloth likes this.
  14. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Fair enough, but you don't need automatic assault rifles to protect it :wallbash:

15. docodine

Probably an English plot, nice try

walle likes this.
  16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yesss, blame the English, You'll never see it coming when the Canadians invade!

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Curses foiled again!

Without those slack jawed yanks under heel how am I to afford monocle polish?

TaRkA DaHl likes this.
  18. TheBlackSwordsMan

We send supply and people in Florida, every year. Soon we'll be ready, soon we'll crush these yanks !

Sloth likes this.
  19. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

My understanding (don't quote me on this, I've not done the research) is that the reason no presidents in the US clamp down on gun policy is because A) the public who do own guns won't vote for them and B) some government parties are funded by gun companies.

Also, a gun is designed to kill, so ultimately that's what it will do. That's the whole thing right there. Sorry, but they have no place in society. I wish they had no place in the military as well...but thats a whole other story.

A gun in any conversation basically means 'I hear what you're saying, but my gun says otherwise'. Kinda reminding me of my play though of Spec Ops actually.