1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress BabyShark (10. 10. 2012: It's FINISHED!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nutman, 14 Jul 2012.

1. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

What happened to the guy you were building it for? Is there a reason he did not want the rig? He did pay you in advance right?

The build looks great nice job fitting all the in that tiny case!

2. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

Nice and very tiny build. ;)

What coolant did you use?

3. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

I'm afraid you've mistunderstood something. There is no single guy as such - I built it for a company that specializes in gaming rigs: Sharkgaming.

They're super happy about the build and they have put it up for sale (this was always the plan) for 24995 danish kroner. Which is approximately 3000 Euros. I wasn't paid in advance, but along the way and at the end.

Thanks!

I used Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry and app. 10 drops of Mayhems Deep Blue dye.

4. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

Nice build. Clean too.

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Nice project dude :thumb:. Out of curiosity, did you make any temperature benchmark ?

6. Nutman

Thanks - It's really necessary to keep it simple with such a limited amount of space. No room for excess fanciness - plus, it's not really my style being flashy like that. ;)

Thank you very much. :) I didn't really have time to make any benchmarks. Only thing I know is that the loop idled at app. 30 degrees celcius when in BIOS.

7. akibro

akibro hmmm....

Where did your client find the drive?

Keep up your good work!!

8. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

You know I followed this for ages and then missed the ending! my own fault for not subscribing
    :(

Brilliant result man and some fantastic pictures in the end!

9. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

I remember seeing this when you first started ages ago, missed soo much and have just caught the finish. Glad a did though, squeezed all that in there so well and neatly.
    Congrats on a great little system.

10. spigs_rex

spigs_rex Minimodder

wow i cant belive i never caught this in the logs, its amazing, if that was mine id be proud well done!

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Fantastic little rig. :D I hope someone snatches it up quick and they ask you to do another one.

12. Nutman

Whoah, neat shitload of comments so long after finishing this one, so here we go:
    Thanks! The drive was bought at komplett.dk - a major hardware vendor here in Scandinavia.

Thanks, Nate. Better late than never. ;-)
    Oh, and you can look forward to soon see me picking up The Scratchbench project. Still got some of your stuff going into that one. ;-)

Well, thank you very much. I don't feel like it was started ages ago, though. At least not when compared to my first project (Project: Nutman), which took 3,5 years to complete! :S

Thanks, and welcome to the thread. I liked the compact size compared to the power inside. However, for the next miniITX build I would choose a slightly bigger case - the Bitfenix Prodigy, for instance. Although everybody seems to use that one for small builds right now.

Not so keen on having to build another one soon, hehe. But glad that you liked it. ;-)

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Think that's bad? I missed the entire log. :jawdrop::duh:

Nice & very clean project Mads, sweet photos too, :hip: guess I've not been looking around enough. :blush:

14. Nutman

Thanks, Wayne.

In all your defenses, the log wasn't that easy to follow, since it didn't really get updated due to the deadline being kinda strict. And in the end, when the project was finished and delivered, the updates came shortly after one another. So, the worklog was never really "in your face" on the first page of the Project Logs subforum.
    I'm just glad you eventually popped in and on top of that even liked what you saw enough to comment on it. Thanks!

15. Moddingboy

Moddingboy What's a Dremel?

Congrats Nutman! Nice project :thumb:

16. Nutman

Thanks, Moddingboy. :)