1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ballmer says to expect Windows 8 'next year'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 May 2011.

1. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I'll grab it via MSDNAA when it comes up, for testing at minimum, it might even become my main OS if it's up to snuff.... I'm not really holding my breath, but it might have enough new features without being a bloated pos....

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'll upgrade. What annoys me about this however is the interim period where there's no 3rd part support... no skins and themes, and theme patches. Little things like that, so you have to run vanilla for a while. I'll wait a couple of months after release, then order... unless there's a good pre-order deal like last time.

3. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Hmmm. £100 for a piece of software that gives me no tangible benefits over the software that I have, and introduces new driver.software issues. No thanks. I've 4 machines to maintain at home, so I really cannot justify the expense.

Especially when you include antivirus, office and Video editing software... It gets very expensive....

4. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Windows 8, Direct X v12.0, Windows Skype v7.0, Windows Live v27.365.2.1.45.76 etc.....

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I'm running vista....
    I tried 7 on my girlfriends new laptop and didn't like it. But then I would *almost* rather use win95 because it let you do what you want...

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

With the other software i guess it depends, but you can keep your old Office if you change to another Windows version.

And who pays for antivirus when there's MSE (or free third party products if that's what strikes your fancy)...

7. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

I'm not following the link to that drive-by Warez site ZSNet - no way man! You guys should know better!

8. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

hopefully W7 SP2 adds and improves the OS

9. Bruners

Bruners What's a Dremel?

I will continue to use GNU/Linux as my OS of choice, but obviously i will give any new releases from Microsoft a test drive

10. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers. Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers. :)

11. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

seems to soon, people are still using win xp for work! Win 7 is only just about to catch on. Although everyone seems to be skipping Vista lol

Tags: Add Tags