1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Batman: Arkham Asylum + LIVE = ARGH!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will., 17 Sep 2009.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

I would avoid those games like the plague... and acquire them, second hand, when a remove live patch appears.

2. impar

impar Minimodder

3. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

After a bit of finagling, it works properly. The issue is that it was taking forever to download and apply the 1.1 patch. I should have figured as much since it initially took forever to install the game.

What annoyed me is that the process is not seamless, and that there's hardly mention of the LIVE issues in the user manual. A bit more explanation would have been appreciated.

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Took a bit more than one hour to be able to pass the GFWL requirement.

It seems my hotmail account as me a 6 year old :eyebrow: , the GFWL tool locates me in Brazil (Portuguese language) a country that apparently has no GFWL support :blah:, the new @live.com account I created couldnt login to GFWL :rolleyes: , ...

Managed to create a working US based profile, with birth date of 1951 (just to make sure...), using my gmail account... :grr:

Un-****ing-believable! :miffed:

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Got Batman AA free with a graphic card with steam played it 3 times now plays flawless and in 3D never had any issue's with GFWL , dont like thier payment system though

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I had to uninstall, and now I cannot reinstall for the life of me. It still claims it's installed, and I guess I'm gonna have to line-item the registry to get it to reinstall.

Fail.

7. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Your not alone, i got the game free with a new gfx card and activated it via steam.
    After jumping though the hopes of GFWL and getting it activated in steam also, it worked once and once only, for about 35mins.

Every single time i try and launch the game i get "bmlauncher.exe has stopped working", Ive reinstalled, deactivated it using the steam deactivation tool, reinstalled it again, still it claims bmlauncher.exe fails, in the end i simply just removed the game and really cba with it any more.

8. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

What a ball ache.

(Found this thread through a Google.)

I had to pretend to be a parent now it's asking me for my credit card details to prove my age?

Also, everything is about Xbox.

Not sure if I want to put my details in, seems a bit weird, never come across it before.

9. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

Got it sorted now. Brilliant game so far (two minutes in, haha).

Was a bit weird that there were four 'New Game' options, but ah well.

Annoying when you have to move the mouse when you're running to see where you're going though.

10. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I got this problem like everyone else with live, my fix? Download the latest LIVE and not update through the game, they seriously need to sort this out but I care too much about my gamerscore (I have an addiction to achievements) to say no to a game that comes with LIVE.

11. abisheknew

abisheknew What's a Dremel?

abishek

i have signed in windows live and started batman.but still it says u have not signed in.
    can anyone help me out here please

12. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I hate this as well... I also got stuck in a never ending update (update > restart the game >update > restart the game >....) where the update was failing but doesn't tell you.

Anyway, update manually Windows Live:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128962
    And try now.

If that doesn't help, don't sign in, and see if you can update the game, and try now (so the game and Live is updated now).

You have to play with it, then it will magically work. I don't like Windows Live Gaming thingy very much.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Live on DOW2 was totally ****! It made me update so many times!

Its such a shame, because it could have worked really well, as it does on the 360.

Now I'll stick to Steam!

14. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's all about that stupid progress bar. Stupid bar, it's stupid.

I'm hankering to play B:AA through again. Great game.

15. Adam T

Adam T What's a Dremel?

you now that once there was a game named arghhh :) its maybe weird but when i saw your post i thought about her thanks for amazing memories