1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Mar 2010.

1. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

Left it too late to play the Beta but pre-ordered it anyway.

I was a big fan of BF2 back in the days when i used to be in a clan. Squad based action is always great when you get a few mates together and kick some ass :)

It's nice to see that in this age of "Make it for the console, let the PC guys deal with it" DICE have stayed with us....well done chaps!

*Looks over at Codemasters OFPDR and laughs..."

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i know all BF games feel like this, but this game feels like a console port, the movements feels slow, all the actions doesn't have the same crisp feel as call of duty.

in fact, the game movement feels more like recently released AvP rather than a heavy action based FPS.

sound is fantastic though, the use of Dolby digital made my experience with Asus Xonar D2X feels great.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

play.com have already shipped mine :D

4. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

Great !

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

6. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

this game is great. I'm glad they took out the prone as it was always opposite my play style. I have been playing the beta and never got bored even though it was the same map, but that could because of who i was playing with. Also as other mentioned it sounds amazing especially in 5.1.

7. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

Bah! I saved some Game points and have got mine for £17.49 and its just been dispatched......:thumb:

I hope it sounds good in 7.1 - I knew that 7.1 THX set up I got a few years ago, would eventually be useful!

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

It feels the absence of prone isn't really a gameplay decision as it's a console shortcoming decision. There are a limited amount of buttons, and it's awkward to put prone, crouch, and stand all on the same button.

The helicopter controls in the PC beta were absolutely horrendous. BF2 had some pretty good helicopter physics, while BC2 it's just plain crap.

Despite the shortcomings, and I don't think it's as good as BF2, I still had fun playing it and look forward to the different maps and multiplayer types.

And yes, where are my jets!?

9. Redkachina

Redkachina Califragilistsic Expialidocious

Do they still have golf courses in this game? I miss the action with the golf cart lol

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Pah, I loved 2142

11. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

I guess since US is having a nice and early launch, EU retailers can't be bothered to stick to 5th March. They already shipped the lot

12. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I hated the beta......as a BF2 player for 5yrs, it just left me completely cold..

All the destructible scenery is just too distracting, plus if too much happens at once, your frame rate drops quicker than Infinity Ward employees....

I just hope BF3 will be better in 2011.

13. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

I really enjoyed the BETA, it looked and sounded great, can't wait for Friday! Stupid UK/Europe release date!!! Really looking forward to another map & mode than Port Valdez & Rush... Squad Deathmatch sounds like an awesome idea :)

14. gilesy

gilesy who cares who wins

i cant wait for this ,just got my email from game to say its in the post .hury up parcel forces ffs

15. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I agree with prone. The hole point of being a sniper (and they've been a part of real battlefields pretty much since guns have existed) is to pick off targets at a distance and remain inconspicuous. Camping is a term used in small games like Counterstrike or if you're sitting in a bottle neck with a support gun blasting anything that comes through. If you're sniping, you're sniping. You're not camping and it's a fun role to be sometimes. So having a lack of prone and having to hold down CTRL to be able to crouch for long periods of time is tedious.

Having said that, the wall in front of you won't be there long enough to get into any lengthy sniper sessions in :D

From playing the beta, lack of 64 players isn't much of an issue - the game has been designed around 32 and works well but still feels large and open enough.

As for planes, well they are the sole reason I only play on infantry only servers on BF2 now. Getting pummelled constantly and not having a decent way to shoot them down sucks. Things are much more even in BC2 so hopefully it will be a long time before the exploits rear their heads!

16. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

But the same thing happens with the appache. There isn't a really good way to shoot one down if your team doesn't have the right people (besides the drone exploit). I've seen appaches be up for a really long time, and just destroy the team.

17. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Ordered it last week... Play.com sent it today... maybe it will arrive at my country Friday :p I reaaaally want to play this :D

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

It's the games fault your computer sucks.

19. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Nice link!

1400x900 support yay!

if u listen hard from 2:46 to 2:49 u can hear someone saying "get first aid! here!" ....ah the misty eyed feeling of bf2 comes flooding back :D

Lack of jets is a shame tho. One of my first memories of bf2 was driving an apc along a road, hearing the roar of a jet engine then see two bombs land right in front of me forcing me to bail out, just made it ouu before my ride blew up. Epic epic stuff.

:-D battelfields back!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

20. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

dus eney one know if there's plans to release the sdk

will there be mods ???

Tags: Add Tags