1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield Play4Free Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 13 Apr 2011.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

They took something that had nothing wrong with it....Gave it a new skin and gave it problems.

Beta was awfull and havnt played it since. Obviously its a beta I know but the principles the game is built on really didn't appeal for me. Especially when I have BFBC2.

Now tell me, what you you rather play in your precious spare time. BFP4F or BFBC2?

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I got a beta invite, glad I didn't bother with it now.

3. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

2? What does a game have to do to get a one? or a zero? have sex with your mother?

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Exactly what borandi said. If it's so bad, why a 2? What did it do right?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's functional and well-populated, at least. Plus, the level design is amazing.

6. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

After playing it a while back i totally agree with the review - a complete waste of time.

7. tcool93

tcool93 -----

Thats the problem with all these "free to play" games coming out anymore. Its blatant false advertising. Its also greed on their part. I wouldn't be surprised if one day these companies get sued over it.

8. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

Sounds like it was a waste of time and money developing this.

9. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

So no Extreme Ultra award then?

10. -SambaL-

-SambaL- What's a Dremel?

With a little bit of bad luck EA will close down the BF2 servers so everyone is forced to play BF4Free.
    So let's hope i am very very wrong about this.

11. rinseout

rinseout What's a Dremel?

Really enjoyed BF2, not played BC or BC2 though.. But this thing was a total POS.

12. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Call me crazy, but having to specialize to be able to fly airplanes is not too bad of an idea. Obviously the implementation here is pretty dumb. I'm thinking Battlefield wouldn't be so bad if there was a fifth class: Pilot. You'd have to be a pilot to fly the airplanes. That would make sure that people who are only committed to the role will jump in planes, probably reducing the waiting lines and the idiots who jump in a plan only to crash it immediately. Give em some unique abilities, and it'd be pretty cool.

13. dark4181

dark4181 Ero-sennin-tebayo

I tried the Beta and quit after 10 minutes. They're right, it's complete trash. Hopefully this game model dies out fast

14. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

it is a beta, I quite enjoy playing it, but the class system sucks, as does the lag, the Oman map is just about unplayable for me, like other peeps say, buying battlefield 2 is the better option, although one thing this game does have in its favour is you dont need to pay money to get a decent gun, using the in game currency gets all you need, therefore your not outclassed as you are in Heroes.

15. DaBigDog

DaBigDog What's a Dremel?

This really is a game made by accountants as a tax on the stupid or egotistical, when did you last play a game in which the Micro transactions were actually "micro", surely they have be less than £1 to be "micro".
    I've worked in the IT/gaming industry for over 20 years and unfortunately the large percentage of people in it don't play games and are only interested in the £££ they can get from creating a game. Unfortunately - as gamers we buy too much crap, since demo's aren't available at launch anymore and publishers would rather spend extra on advertising rather than game quality the odds are against us.
    Why is BFP4F crap? it's crap because the majority of publishers and software houses think we're stupid enough to pay money for under developed games... any bets on whether or not this will make money, like we didn't know the answer before we started.....sigh

16. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

Micro transactions to unlock weapons? No class switching? More expensive than a full-price title by the time you've unlocked basic stuff like grenades?

KILL IT WITH FIRE

P.S. I'm nominating this for a Custom PC "Epic Fail" award.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2011
  17. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

For free i can't say you can complain. It's simple, if you don't like it don't play it.

I've being playing it since Closed BETA and granted it has it's problems, but it is still in BETA Form!

18. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

I had a go at this recently and thought there must be something wrong with my machine. It is an absolute joke and this article is spot on.

19. Gmatscoo

Gmatscoo What's a Dremel?

As much as i enjoy bashing faults of BFP4F this review is way of the mark (sorry to say).

Game was reviewed as usual AAA title ignoring that its ONLINE GAME its still in BETA and its FREE TO AN EXTENT.

There was nothing said about developer communications with community which is an EXREMELY important point in online games. Altho if you did some research about it your score will probally drop down to 1/10 for that.

BETA of an online game is completelly different thing from finished AAA title. Online games tend to change, grow and evolve. If you'd like to argue this point i have a single title I can name you before you try - World of Warcraft. Going from CB to OB game changed a lot of time adding new features and and mechanics so bashing graphics is not the smartest thing you can think of.

Going to the realm of freedom a lot of the points you made stand and some of them are actually even worse. Instead you just slid over the surface without much care about some more disturbing implication than booster packs or simple competiveness. those include ninja nerfs cause by lack of comunication. Eratic release of new content (m95 release with a release of this same gun with more powerful scope 2 weeks later left every one who bought this long range rifle with a bitter taste of fail in their mouths :D ). Unpolished content like the oh so powerful holosights working differently on every weapon and in most of the saces actually making it HARDER to target.

All in all I find this review lacking as it feels like it was written by someone who doesnt really like or care about games. As for score id actually give 4/10

Tags: Add Tags