TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Stewart Lee must be a genius, as he annoys me more than any other man who has ever lived.

***** of the highest order.

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

It's quite hard to laugh at a comedian whose jokes are based on him wishing other people dead.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

This.

It started quite funny, but as soon as he started saying about hoping Clarkson's kids being blind I was like :| erm....

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

The explanation he gives for his 'humour' at the end of the video is strange/ confusing- mimicking topgear's OTT satirical humour & turning it against them by making fun of their OTT satirical humour with the same type of humour..

I wasnt sure if he was serious about hating them or not by the end of it; he may be clever, but he also strikes me as being a bit of a narcissistic knob.

5. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

He is fantastic bordering on terrifying live, if he picks you out of a crowd you're in for an interesting evening as I learnt several years ago :D While in that video I think he maybe goes a bit OTT, I think a lot of what he says about hammond following clarkson around giggling at all of his jokes is true.

6. alf-

alf- Minimodder

this is part of the reason im getting really put off topgear.

i didn't find the Mexican "jokes" offensive, more pathetic really and seriously jokes about Mexicans being lazy, that's a ****ing joke in itself, jokes based on stereotypes are just plain lazy.

i just wish top gear would stop trying to be Un-pc, its just boring.
    saying things that are "politically incorrect" is akin to when you were younger and you said swear words because they were taboo.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If people find Top Gear offensive, what ever happened to the South Park hate party?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have to admit I didn't read it because Guardian opinion pieces are usually tripe, however how can it be offensive to Albania if it's true? The country has serious problems and it's just another joke at that. They did say it was stunningly beautiful and spent time looking at its cold war past: I found that very interesting. How many people have now seen Albania and want to visit? It's not brushing the **** under the rug, it's just telling it like it is; they are meant to be journalists.

The Mexican jokes were too far though. Frankly they were less of a jibe and more of a 10 minute rant. It wasn't funny or even ironic, it just sounded like three middle England racists discussing foreigners.

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

They realized they can't stop South Park, and that's a good thing :thumb:

Yesterday's episode was good. I just wish they would stop doing scripted stuff (unless it's something genuinely fun and funny like when Clarkson drove the little red Renault like a maniac and destroyed it). They are much better when they're being themselves. That's why the challenges and road trips are the most fun to watch

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Omg. Just shoot the effing SIARPC. 90% of the show caters to the multinational viewerbase. Why not make it 100% and just delete that entire segment. I always watch the first 30 seconds, conclude (again) that it is a waste of time and fast-forward until the end where they get their time.

11. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

I really want that Polestar C30 and this is being written by a C30 owner. Absolutely fantastic although not sure about the mole skin.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. :thumb:

No one gives a **** about it, just drop it TG.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Aye, I've watched the whole series through twice and the SIARPC has only been genuinely worth watching in a couple of episodes. DROP IT. Please.

Also instead of an apology, just send the Mexicans the official butt-hurt form. No, not all they say in TG is funny and "right", but seriously it's equally childish to get upset about something a middle-aged, balding fat man says on the telly.

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I think the most memorable SIARPC was when JK re-topped the leaderboard.

15. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I enjoy the SIARPC, I know sometimes the star isn't up to much but I do still enjoy it.

16. SuicideNeil

If the SIARPC was female, mid 20s-mid 30s & had DD cups, people wouldn't find that segment boring ( yes, I'd like Danielle Lloyd on topgear, please ) I bet...

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

They had Jordan on a few years back. ;)

I think the best SIRPC was the one with Ranulph Fiennes. Not especially visually pleasing, but it was really interesting hearing about all the crazy stuff he have done.

18. SuicideNeil

Jordan =/= sexy, cant stand the woman..

Ranulph Fiennes was indeed a great guest, a proper interesting person & adventurer and not just some c-list celeb or annoying git ( like Wossy... ).

19. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

To be fair, you didn't specify that she had to be sexy. Just that the guest had to be female at the right age with big boobs. :p

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

They had Billie Piper with a see through top as well.