1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best KB for under £50?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Farting Bob, 20 Jul 2014.

1. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

So my trusty Saitek Eclipse II keyboard has served me well for many, many years. It's a brilliant keyboard which has been with me through million of key presses, crumbs and beer spills. but it's starting to age a little now, the W key occasionally sticks and the space bar has lost its springyness on one side. I've also managed to wear out a patch on the wrist rest over the years.

So i think its time to let the old girl out to pasture. My budget is only about £50 max, which eliminates mechanicals but i have never had an issue with the rubber domed saitek (from what others have said, it is a great example for good non-mechanical typing) so that's not really a big issue for me personally. I use it for a mix of gaming and typing.

My must-have requirements for a keyboard:
    Numpad
    Backlit (preferably not blue as i dont like how bright blue LED's are, ideally i'd have red).
    No wider than 50cm

Would be nice to have but could live without:
    Media keys
    USB hub
    Wrist rest
    Wired is perfectly fine, no need for wireless.

I've been looking at things like the Corsair Raptor K30/K40, Logitech G105, MadKatz v5/v7, all of which are between £30 and £50 on scan.

Any recommendations/opinions about these or other keyboards? I was leaning to the Corsairs. As far as i can tell the only difference between the K30 and K40 is you can choose your own backlight colour, but since the cheaper one is red anyway i'd probably get that and save 25%.

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Mad Catz V.5

Basically a more up to date version of the Saitek.