1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bit-Torrent users targeted in a crackdown

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Oct 2005.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Hey I'm not really arguing for or against, only stating that it's against the law, and you do it at your own risk.

Speeding is against the law and I do that regularly.

2. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Oh my God... I am Guilty!!

I did download TWIT, XBOX360 videos, and Diggnation videos using Bit Torrent...

Give Me Death, or Give Me Torrent!!

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Remember what happened to what was it, some forum based in Bristol, they took away the server after people admitted illegal things online... Should be careful admitting things online really, don't forget the police have an internet connection too.

4. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

I can see downloading Episodes via the internet a profitable idea. For one you could still run the ad's. People will definantly watch the show's and perhaps be more inclined to watch them on normal tv. Right now the cable companies pay a rate to the channel company's for airing the episodes. They could cut the middle man, sorta, and charge a minimal sum for episode. Or as Kevin and Alex on Diggnation say that an "a la carte" system, pay for a subscription and download all the episodes you want, would work the best. Basically TV over internet. IPTV... lol... can't wait till that works it's way into the masses.

The above episodes he's stating are free to everyone to download and watch and give away. http://www.revision3.com

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

And "He had been charged in April for uploading three Hollywood blockbusters to the net - Daredevil, Red Planet and Miss Congeniality."

The maximum penalty is four years' jail and a hefty fine. More at the Beeb

I mean, let's be honest, getting commercial films and software for free is piracy, however you dress it up. Unless Santa's brought it.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2005
  6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

They seem to have updated the article, the picture is different too!

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I thought bigz was having reading difficulties again... :D

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Actually its copyright infringement. Piracy is the use of force for the purposes of gain on one of the seven seas, Yaargh!

Piracy is also the catchy name the record industry would like everyone to use instead of breach of copyright/copyright infringement, because it makes people think instantly "bad" as opposed to actually making people think "hmm, if im creating a new copy of something, just how bad is it?". Also its catchy.

Tags: Add Tags