1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster BIX 2 broken

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hephaistus, 24 Jun 2004.

1. Hephaistus

Hephaistus What's a Dremel?

I had bought two bix2 radiators and wanted to hang them close to each other so i thought i drilled bigger holes in them and trough them where the copper fins are not where the watercanals are .
    So i did the first one and leak tested it and it had no leaks so I :D and started with the second one, i thought it went al fine till i started leak checking the second one AND ..... :waah: , I saw a big leak :wallbash: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

Anyone any ideas how to fix it, solder iron maby. or can i throw it away , i hope not

2. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

solder if u want but theres a god chance that "row" will nw be dead, tire sealed and sand works for quick patches on car rads, quick b/c it cant withsand the heat so it should last forever on a pc rad :dremel:. or so as not to make a mess u could cut out the entire row and solder it were it met the top and bottom

3. Hephaistus

Hephaistus What's a Dremel?

so It's no problem to cut away a whole row??
    Thanks i'll consider that. :sigh:

Btw sorry for my bad english :grr:

4. blindviper

blindviper What's a Dremel?

I did the same thing on mine I drilled the mounting holes out and hit the water tubes so I went to the store and got a some marine grade epoxy I mixed it and put it on the hole it hasnt leaked in 11 months since the patch have fun

5. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

bad english :worried: u should here me try to speak a frogine language i have enough trouble with english :hehe:

6. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

do you have JB weld in Europe? man that stuff would fix ya right up. :thumb: