1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Sky

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jerz, 6 Sep 2006.

1. Jerz

Jerz What's a Dremel?

Ok, so here it is-

I've wanted to do my first computer case mod for some time now. So the other day I finally decided to stop just wanting to do one and actually do one. I'm dubbing the case/mod for now "Blue Sky" which hopefully will tie into it's final paint job.
    I dug a case out of my closet to mod (quite literally). The plan is to make the finally product cool yet do-able. Step one will be to cut a side off for easy access to all the hardware underneath. I'll then cut a viewing window/fan hole in the side panel. From there I will cut two fan vents in the top of the case and some detail work on the right side. Once I get that far I'll explain my current plan for the rest.

Pre-cut design pictures-
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tools- I was able to rent these for a night for free. Hopefully I will find or buy a dremel or something else for the more detailed cutting.
    [​IMG]

Here is after the first cut.
    [​IMG]

Once I finish all the cutting I'm going to spong paint the case a blue\white color. I'll add in some red or orange LEDs for the top under where the fans will go as well as some blue LEDs or another color for the main mother board and behind it for the wording on the back side. I'll cover the fans with a wire mesh or something of the like.

That's all I have for tonight, I would like to hear your guys opinions on it.