1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 21 Sep 2012.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Nope, not the same one.. This is the one you get at the the end of the first play through or around level 30~ in the Ore Chasm. Hyperion Ring of Slaughter with the same setup as the other but only Hyperion baddies. Aka robots, engineers, snipers, soldiers etc.
    Not to mention I'm playing as Zero.. :)

@Elton - you up for it you say? Have I got you on Steam? (I should have..)

It's tough. I don't want to toot my own horn but I think anyone would find it next to impossible as zero at 33 with snipe build and only 100 bullets, n that's just on the 4th part, I'm on the 5th! Madness.. :worried:

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I believe you, as i said before, i finished as Mechromancer in 7th wave in 5th round with last enemy having 2% health and me dying :(. Unfortunately, no BL2 for me in the next month it seems.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

My Legendary list so far has been like such:

Got Pandemic Grenade from a chest at about level 30 on my first playthrough.

Got the Flakker from The Warrior, but he always drops something orange the first time so no big deal.

Got a Bonus Package with a 0.0 fuse from Boom Bewm with my Mechromancer on her first fight with them.

Got a Vladof Infinity from Doc Mercy with my Mechromancer on the second kill, wasn't even going for it. Don't even remember why I was fighting him again.

Since then I've tried to actively farm Legendary weapons and got The Bee from Hunter Helquist.

Hundreds of attempts at farming from various bosses since then however yielded nothing.

Found Gibbed's save editor and went to town. I work full time and go to school 5 days a week. Farming isn't feasible for me and I don't really care about "ruining the experience" since I already played through the game damn near 3 times "legit." I basically gave myself a higher level Infinity with it. I figured the hundred or so attempts at Doc Mercy made it fair game.

The most fun I have with the save editor is taking normal guns and items and playing with it until I can make interesting stuff that's fun to use. I spend massive amounts of time playing with WillowTree in BL1 and I think I'll be doing the same thing here. I'm still doing 100% legit runs with characters I haven't used yet though.

Funny thing is, as soon as I got sick of farming and started messing around with the editor and gave myself that legendary, I went and opened a chest in Opportunity and it contained BOTH an Eridian Rail Rifle that is beast and the Dahl Pitchfork Legendary. Two extremely rare items, one of which obtained in the absolutely rarest form, same damn chest.

As an aside here, the further I get into PT2 on my Zer0, the less useful I find the Bloodshed tree. You can't use Many Must Fall since enemies with decent health simply don't die, which breaks your chain. Lately I've been using a combination of the Cunning tree and the Sniper tree. It's amazing with a decent shotgun. Far more useful in pretty much any situation than the Bloodshed playstyle.

Zer0 - Vladof Infinity (preferably one with an element) - Tw0 Fang - 0ne Sh0t, 0ne kill, Rising Sh0t. Great combo.

Two Fang gives you a chance to shoot two bullets instead of one, and OSOK gives your first bullet from a fully loaded mag bonus damage. Since the Infinity always has 1 bullet, no reloads, every shot does bonus damage with a chance for x2 from Two Fang. Rising Shot gives you a damage bonus for shooting enemies which can stack 5 times.

Head Shot, Velocity and Precision add fuel to the Zer0 Infinity fire.

I've currently been playing the Gunzerker. Thinking a dual bandit shotgun Gunzerking build is in my future.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2012
  4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Digi if you havent: ninjasansan. You know my hours. ;)

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

My game seems to be fubar, can't see some of the weapons that the slots give out, often can't talk to NCP, it's just says 'Full' and more recently I couldn't see any enemies when I was taking on Captain Flynt.

So ultimately my game's broken :/

6. faugusztin

And isn't your backpack full by any chance ?

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Nope, I've maxed it out with the Iridium, and only had 2 weapons. It was saying full when I pressed 'E' to talk to NPC's, so it wasn't a full inventory.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

used a save editor? they do wierd things to the game as a whole and can be part of a problem.

Friend of mine had to restart his game cause his save file became corrupt after using the save editor to grant himself some legendary weps.

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Nope, nothing. Haven't touched it, only thing that's new is me beginning again on TVHM.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just a heads up, there appears to be an on-line viral bug on the 360 version caused by some idiot hacking the "badass game mode" flag.

If you play with an infected player the "Badass Game Mode" flag for your character also gets set to true and you'll lose your character if you die...

Source

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Good lord - I am not going anywhere near my Xbox Version until they patch it then!

12. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Ah no.

I remember people hacking the first game to get uber weapons that just stopped the game being fun.

I need to finish this still but I just don't have the time.

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I think hacking ridiculous guns can spoil the fun of the game, but editing the game file to give yourself legit weapons actually makes the game more enjoyable IMO... saves you having to farm or forage for endless hours, which gets especially boring in TVHM. When used in a particular way, the save editor is no different from SHIFT codes - you get guaranteed good loot simply at the press of a button.

My current sniper of choice is a gun I found online that somebody else got from the gold chest - it's a total beast.

[​IMG]

14. faugusztin

Spooky Zer0 Skin
    PlayStation 3: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C
    Xbox 360: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
    PC: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF

Spooky Axton Skin
    PlayStation 3: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT
    Xbox 360: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
    PC: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H

Spooky Salvador Skin
    PlayStation 3: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR
    Xbox 360: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
    PC: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW

Spooky Maya Skin
    PlayStation 3: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW
    Xbox 360: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
    PC: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Spooky Mechromancer Skin
    PlayStation 3: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9
    Xbox 360: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
    PC: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6

Or with images : http://imgur.com/a/g0UeC#0

And i also reached SHIFT code redemption level insane :D. Borderlands 2. Running inside Windows 8. Running inside VMware Fusion 4. Running on Macbook Pro early 2011 13". Of course it is unplayable, it takes ages to get in the game just to redeem the codes, but hey, it is possible until i get my Windows PC back next week - but at that time the codes will be gone.

Last edited: 31 Oct 2012
  15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Nice! +1

How long do these codes last? I'm at work now so won't be able to use till later..

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

They were working 5 minutes ago!

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

What is your steam account Digi! :p

That said, I think after levelling one character I lost the motivation to play. Yeah I'm fickle.

18. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Think I read the Halloween costume ones are live till November 4th.

19. faugusztin

Till late Sunday in US. So plenty of time.

20. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Some new codes for Golden keys, about 40 mins old so should be good for a while.

WinPC: C3CBJ-CW5HS-6J3TJ-3B33T-5RXFJ
    PS3: CBWJ3-6HRZJ-6ZJK3-9BKBT-WH3FZ
    X360: CBWJ3-6HRWR-3XRJ6-5FJBT-WH3H6