1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Borderlands Pre Sequel

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 14 Oct 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've yet to play, but I will say the title screen runs very nicely on my laptop at 1080p with all settings maxed out. I'll probably play this over Christmas with my brother.

2. xpronic

xpronic What's a Dremel?

From the comments in this thread, looks like I'll wait for this to go on sale for about £10 before I buy it lol.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Its worth more than £10 and I agree it's pricing is higher than it should be, didnt stop me buying it to be honest. 20 hours of playtime without completing the side quests and baddass rank.

Looking forward to the dlc.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Which is probably the right price to pay for this DLC.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Borderlands has been the same game since launch if you play it co op which is what it's designed for it's still awesome fun to play. You either love it or hate it though not a lot of Middle ground anymore.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am about to start True Vault Hunter Mode with a friend, I can say I have enjoyed the whole game so far.

7. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Would the Celestial Lawbringer and Gladiator mods turning up in a vendor within an hour of each other be considered slightly buggy?

Not that I'm complaining...

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I loved the Doctor Who reference :D.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I still can get over the cheek that they charged full price for what is little more than an expansion or DLC. I am really glad I got a good deal on it as I would be so miffed. I am just about at the end or hope I am and should really finish it but after 47 hours I am really so bored with it. I think I have done all but two quests and they are ones that you need to get around a few places on a timer. Cannot be bothered.

11. faugusztin

47 hour DLC ? Aren't you a bit contradicting yourself ?

12. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

To me it just feels like the same prospect as Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas between Borderlands 2 & Borderlands The Pre Sequel. The same game engine, UI, mission structure, etc. with a slightly different skin & a new story.

From what I've played the humour is still there and is good played with friends but I can't get in to it solo :(

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I thought that myself but I need to be playing something so kept going.

14. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

I know how you feel, in solo I can only stretch it out an hour maybe 2 hours, any more I just get too tired of the same old running around back and forth from point A to point B scenarios...

it's great when you're playing with other people in co-op mode and on a similar progress, however, it's just a shame that the game engine restricts players to the same map and to the hosts game quests!..

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Borderlands is a game that was never Ment for solo play you think sometimes as it's just a much better co op game than solo play.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Finally given up on this game got tired of lurching from one ridiculous boss to the next with multiple dying. Finally had enough when having to beat RK5 Raum-Kampfjet Mark V Boss not only have you to contend with him but ever spawning minions.

Plus the annoying save a quit when exiting the game which did not mean you could start from the last save point but from where you entered the level meaning you had to start again.

My last Borderlands game. Gearbox should promote these games as co-op or multi player only because single player is a chore/grind and certainly not fun. I game for fun not to be frustrated with stupidly had bosses.

18. faugusztin

Huh, the jet guy was kinda easy, i actually fought it twice because i couldn't find the exit to the next level :D.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just goes to show as I thought the boss before was very easy. Moved on to Far Cry 4 now.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Done! Except for the raid boss and final claptrap missions (I never seem to have all the elemental guns at one time). Quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to playing through it with my brother at Christmas. I'm wondering about buying the season pass now.

I played as Wilhelm (for those interested). The drones become quite badass when upgraded - there's an ability which multiplies both your fire rate and Wolf's when you kill something, which can be devastating.

Personally I thought the scenery was absolutely fantastic. Several beautiful vistas! I've got a few screenshots which I'll post at some point.

I died a few times on that, mostly because I kept getting caught in the bombing run it does, which obscures your vision in 'fight for your life' mode and makes it damn near impossible to see an enemy to quickly pop with a rocket. In the end I ended up just continuously using jump pads to remain mobile (and butt-slamming constantly), letting my drones kill things by themselves (i.e. no focus fire) and throwing everything I had at the boss.

I would urge you to go a little further - you're not far from the end of the game and it's certainly easier! The last boss fight is pretty momentous.