1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bulletstorm PC specs revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jan 2011.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I only heard about this game very recently... looks like a lot of fun :) When I watched the demo the characters screamed of gears of war though, then I realised it uses UE3 so meh :p

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Did that £770 include a Windows license, monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk and chair? I know it sounds silly, but you have to take all those things into consideration if you're thinking of having two gaming rigs in your household - not to mention the space to store them both.

As things stand I'm sorely tempted to pick up a couple of Nintondo DS's ( if they had more than a handful of decent games :/)

3. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

It hardly seems fair to add in the furniture considering that consoles don't exactly include the sofa and wide-screen in the package. Though it still is the whole apple and orange comparison. Afterall no one compares a shaving blade with a swiss army knife.

But i do agree with the space issue though. I have 2 pc set up at home and that does take a fair bit of space. But to be fair, i have the option of running them through the 2 tvs i have but that's a little big for any kind of work.

And the DS? Might want to try it out with a 2nd hand one. The wife got one and sold it for a psp in under 6 months due to the lack of interesting games and she had access to a wide selection.

4. veato

veato I should be working

Not really as most households will already have a sofa and TV in the lounge.

5. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

My point is that you need the whole package to be able to get the high-quality PC gaming experience that we keep saying is so superior to consoles (which it largely is).

As for the PSP - we had two for ages, but again, there didn't seem to be any compelling multiplayer titles which we can play together :/.

6. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

well everything you see in my sig is included in that price, my desk and chair was free

7. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

So I suppose you would be looking at about £1540 for two systems if you already have a couple of desks, chairs, keyboards, mice and speakers, plus the room for both rigs. That is still a massive amount to pay for a decent multiplayer experience.

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Since it's the UE tech behind it, most should be able to tear the game a new one.

One thing that has me worried is the inclusion/exclusion of jumping... Anyone know if you can jump in the PC version? Apparently it's not in the consoles at all, ala Gears.... saddening.

9. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

I would say less than that, I have a phenom 9550 at 2.3Ghz(stock) propped up by a 460 GLH, I run BBC2 at 1080 with the graphics maxed out at a solid 60fps (apart from the first couple of seconds of a mp match for some reason, but I believe thats common) with vsync enabled to prevent tearing. Much as I'd like to slot that 460 into a sandy bridge rig, why should I spend the money when my machine delivers quality rendering on every game I throw at it?

Tags: Add Tags