1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bungie announces new Halo game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jun 2009.

1. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Mhm. *yawn*

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same, although always felt there are better games on the PC.

on xbox though, Halo series is the best you can get really.

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

As far as console shooters go, it is easily leagues above anything else. When compared to a lot of PC shooters, it loses it's appeal a bit, but it is still far from a bad game.

<3 Spartan Laser

4. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Really dont understand how you can hate a game like halo?

After each installment it has got noticibly better? Halo 2 improved on 1, 3 added so much with great online play, the forge, custom maps, insane physics etc etc...

And then people make ignorant comments like "OH MOOO MILKING NOT AGAIN"..

I really dont understand, so enlighten me please;

What do you expect? Perhaps command and conquer x35 or final fantasy 143 or super mario galaxy (which is just like supermario 64 with better graphics and hey....a fancy new controller)

My point is games are going to be similar yes and if you have such a well established franchise and you are actually making good games for it (which bungie have done with Halo...though admittedly I havnt played Halo wars) then whats the problem?

They have made improvements over the last game right? what developer doesnt use the same tech or franchise at times? Bioshock ala System shock 2?

Oh no another Metal Gear solid!! nooo...oh wait its graphically better with more depth, more moves, weapons, different environments, situations....etc etc...BUT WE DONT WANT ANOTHER METAL GEAR! GIVE US SOMETHING NEWWWW! -

I get it, some of you dont like Halo or see the hype behind it and il admit - there is hype behind it but one thing il say is I never understood what made halo 3 so great until I sat down and played it with Blademrk and Mikeuk2006 from these forums...and we had one helleva time playing it together completing it on legendry mode...and then I saw the appeal....some like the single player, some like online multiplayer battles...and some like me like the co-op...its a solid game...

Any game these days will be a rip off of another...coming up with something completely different is difficult, time consuming and costs money....if something is selling and there is interest and an established community that follows it - why not? The halo games are actually pretty good and im not even a halo fan.

I would look at what most critics say about it and games simply dont sell because they suck, they sell because they are good; hell look at bionic commando? words out it sucks, it is doing horribly...or how about Haze? after all the hype too?

atleast back up your arguments.

sui_winbolo likes this.
  5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I remember when Halo 3 was going to come out. All the people at school were going psycho skipping school to buy it. Few days later no more talk of the game. I ask how the game is and I get "it's good". I suspect it will be the same with this next one. Mega hype until it comes out and then just meh. Sure Halo 3 sold a crapton but I'm sure majority of sales come from kids who think they are 1337 and I wouldn't wanna play with them anyways.

But hey I've never liked Halo. I've played it and it's ok but I would never buy it. I'll stick with Socom which I think is a much more hardcore game and I personally think is more skill based.

6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

The only thing I hate about Halo is that it's so popular. The online community is terrible. Nothing to do with the game, but with the players. There are so many rude and annoying people, it's not fun playing if you aren't in a party chat. Party chat is a godsend. You can talk with just your party and play Halo 3. Don't have to deal with annoying and whining immature kids.

7. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Wait, I thought Bungie wanted to wash their hands of Halo when they left Microsoft's umbrella. I'm guessing Microsoft welcomed them back into the fold when Bungie realised how hard it would be to release Halo without their name on it. Halo Wars must have been killing them inside.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2009
  8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Hahaha

I can see why people don't like Halo Wars. It really does have flaws when it comes to strategy.

Overall, fun campaign, amazing cutscenes, mediocre multiplayer. Fun if you play against friends or even bots though.

Tags: Add Tags