1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Bush 39" 4K 30Hz TV @Argos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 25 May 2014.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Since you're bothered so much by it not defaulting to 1080p, why not use a chrome / firefox / browser addon that automatically sets it to the larger size or fullscreen and to the highest quality available?

Edit: For firefox I use YouTube High Definition and for chrome I use AutoHD for YouTube

2. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Well, the 32" monitors cost £1500 so they're there if you want them.

As for the text being small, yes it is, but I'm reading it just fine.

If you want big text then the real estate gain isn't really as significant as you'd expect. You'd probably be better off with a second hand 2560*1600 / 2560*1440 monitor.

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

What, like you always do in the MP? ;)

FWIW, I wouldn't bother with the 30Hz Bush panel whatsoever, and would await something a bit more 'serious'. If all you want to do is stream native 1080p in a window, get a 1600p display. It'll be heaps better quality than a super-budget 4K Bush panel.

4. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Currently using firefox as my main web browser ( used on my main monitor ), Chrome for other video streaming sites like TV Series & Anime stuff and Internet Explorer just for YouTube ( both Chrome & IE used on my 32" TV ), and as far I know IE doesn't have many support for plug-ins/Add-ons such as the one you recommended ( real shame though would be nice to have something like that ), and besides IE only supports a limited number of tabs saved in HOMEPAGE box under settings!..

The reason behind my madness for the separate browsers is I like having each task I do for each browser set in a certain way which helps me run things smoothly for example I like all my YouTube web pages defaulted at a zoom % where the video window fits just right on the inside edges of the browser window ( see above screenshot ), Chrome to hold tabs of video stream web pages, and all of my main activities on firefox like sufing the web, email access, Google/Yahoo searches, etc etc...

If you can imagine having to load a web page on one browser, moving the tab out of that browser to the TV, reloading the web page, zooming in for a YouTube video so the video window is perfect, selecting the 1080p quality and eventually playing the video, can get very very long winded and frustrating!.. Just makes sense to keep each activity as static as possible to reduce the repetitiveness in all of my browser usage!..

5. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Too pricey even if I had the vouchers & nectar points of that amount!..

If Argos had a 1600p 30" monitor with a decent quality build & panel I would definitely consider that one over the 39" super-budget TV, but alas they don't!.. :p