1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Buying a MacBook

Discussion in 'Software' started by olly_lewis, 23 Jul 2007.

1. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Just a quick question on Apple Mac Books. I'm about to buy a Apple Mac Book, but just wanted to know if there are any upcoming updates to the hardware for Apple Mac Books, such as Santa Rosa chipset or LED backlit screens.

Are there any details or rumours around, before I buy something that is out of date in a month or two.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

Probably not any time soon enough for it to be worth holding onto your cash.... If you need one now, buy one now :)

MacRumor's buyers guide says the average time between updates is ~200 days and 69 days have elapsed since the last update, FYI.

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I doubt much will happen until towards the end of the year now.

The Macbook Pro line got the last of the upgrades with the funky LED screens.

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Yep, the MacBooks got a speed increase and respectble memory and HDD increases 60-whatever days ago.
    I bought one recently and it's a nice little machine :)

5. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm guessing you're not in the know about melting Magsafe. Flickr search query: mac book burn; and query magsafe burn. In fact, just search for magsafe for that matter.

6. RTT

RTT #parp

Didn't they fix all that? :worried:

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's pretty rare, and can happen to pretty much any power brick (although with a bit less irony, seeing that others don't have "safe" in the name).

Anyways, I've got a MBP and I love it, and my brief interactions with a normal Macbook have been equally, if not more positive. I wouldn't expect any updates to occur before October with Leopard's release, though there was some sort of rumor going around about the 7th of August for some part in the line (Cinema Displays, IIRC). It's not really worth waiting.

Tags: