1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCL Computers - Bit-Tech Forums!

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by Tom @ CCL, 18 May 2010.

1. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Nice to see CCL still going and doing well. I got my first PC from you guys when you'd just moved into new premises i think. My high school used to get their computers from you guys too. You may not be as big as some of the other guys but you still compete very well :)

2. jools182

jools182 What's a Dremel?

I bought from CCL because I had heard good reviews online

I got my PC from you last October but its not been the best experience. Firstly the spec wasn't as advertised, you took the PC back and fitted the correct soundcard, but it still didn't have the number of USB ports I required so you gave me a USB hub thingie, which did the job I guess

Now that I am having problems with my PC you don't seem very responsive to my e-mails

My machine randomly shuts down, locks up and when booting up will start 2 or 3 times

I have also had the blue screen on a number of occasions

The machine also seems very slow, I looked at the task manager the other day and despite only having firefox open the CPU usage was 99-100% and it was using 1.40 gb of physical memory. The hard drive also seems pretty noisy.

Right now the machine is using 1.25 Gb, and again I am only running firefox

I have sent you a number of e-mails about this and the answers are sporadic and not very useful

3. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Hi jools182,

I am going to asume you are running Windows 7? If so the memory usage is perfectly normal.

Please drop me a PM with your order number and your best contact email and I will see what I can do. :)

Regards,

Tom.

4. BenJWood

BenJWood What's a Dremel?

Hey Tom, don't forget me!

5. Underclocker

Underclocker What's a Dremel?

Having been told CCL's own forum is dying or dead, I am now playing out with the kids in this forum.

Hello CCL et al. New custom PC bits arriving this morning from CCL.
    CAN NOT WAIT...

:hehe:

6. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Unfortunately we are having some fun with our hosting company going under and then our new temporary hosting company not liking the registration page on our site. :(

7. wufer

wufer What's a Dremel?

Now it really is dead !!!

Derek.

8. Andrew K

Andrew K What's a Dremel?

If I remember correctly, around 2 years ago Bit-tech used to create like a "best gaming PC for £600" and so on, and CCL has taken it upon themselves to always try and create such a machine and offer it assembled... is this not the case anymore?

9. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

It's not something we've actively done as far as I'm aware, although it is possible we have coincidently built some competitive gaming systems around the same time I guess.

Although given the pace of changes in the market, recommended products, prices and stock availability etc. it's not something we could actively do and maintain now. However we do offer some fantastic gaming systems when using our configurator or create your own system via our website www.cclonline.com I'm sure you can configure or maybe even give one of our sales guys a call on 01274 471201 and they could configure an amazing ££ for performance system for you.

10. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Greetings CCL!!
    Do you sell samsung DDR3, the new 30nm MV-3V4G3D/US ????
    I really need some for an gigabyte x79 ud3,- it will work wont it????
    Many thanks,B.

11. Dan @ CCL

Dan @ CCL What's a Dremel?

12. xxxsonic1971

I've just ordered the 8gb samsung ram kit, a dvd drive, a 120mm fan, and a dvi cable from you's at CCL, i cannot believe how much cheaper you are than overclockers!!! Great Stuff!!!
    Brian.

13. xxxsonic1971

Everything here, great service from CCL!!!