1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chimps Challenge 2012 - IN PROGRESS, GET INVOLVED :-)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 23 Jan 2012.

1. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Thirded :lol: And what about RedFlames as vice captain or captain in training, to give Coola a hand.

RedFlames likes this.
  2. cave_diver

cave_diver Minimodder

hang on, negative comments?? I knew we gave each other a bit of banter when it came to these things, but is there really a negativity between teams???

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It's generally aimed at EVGA

4. gero1369

gero1369 Ummm...Wha?

Hmmm... I've seen nothing on the MPC forums about not participating in the CC besides what you quoted above. I MPC truly does not participate, I'm at a loss for a team to fold for during said CC. Hmmmm...

I may fold for my 'other' team kinda as a protest during the CC then:(

5. ross2011

ross2011 folding for my daughter

third'ed lol ill come play too anything that boosts the profile of folding and ill be facebooking it to get some folding, might even have to install it on the servers at work (not totally legal)

Ross

6. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

When do you pick up your P45 ?

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yes, I'll be firing 'em up for this again. I've been absent from the folding scene since CC time last year, but that doesn't mean that I've given up. Still willing to participate and throw my humble PPD in for the cause :)

coolamasta likes this.
  8. ross2011

ross2011 folding for my daughter

aslong as its after the comp its fine

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

That time of year again already. Im up for it again, just let me know when.

Could the handicaps not be based on the number of folders participating for that team? For example, take bit techs average, then divide it by number participating? Only problem then is if a large number of small producers join and people declaring theyre folding.

coolamasta likes this.
  10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Thanks for the vote of confidence leroy :thumb:

I like the idea in principle, but not sure how it would work, all Chimps WUs are usually submitted under the same name, in our case CustomeBitChimps, there's no way [that i know of] of determining how many people are uploading units under that name, as for as the stats are concerned it's one person. Also there's no way to stop anyone changing their username to the chimps name so you could have Team X saying 'yeah we've got 20 folders contributing' when in reality they have 200 [exaggeration].

11. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Haven't really folded much since last years CC but provided the weather here isn't too hot I'll throw everything I have at it.

coolamasta likes this.
  12. javaman

So whats the story in Ballymory? Haven't been following discussions elsewhere regarding CC

13. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

You have my vote for captaincy as well coola

14. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Yes, Coola for Captain, and I will stoke up my spare 275 for the challenge :thumb:

15. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Hi Guys, there's not much talk of a stats/points solution yet but theres plenty of disagreement going on with what can't be done because "certain" teams don't agree with it!

I will report back soon as I hear anything solid, I think we will still be running the challenge from 5th May onwards but will confirm once agreed.

In the meantime if anyone has any good ideas about how to run the stats/points system let me know!!

RedFlames - are you interested in being a vice-captain this year? or anyone else that is a regular contributor to the cause and our team? :)

16. javaman

how about Just having a chimp challenge team (ie called chimps challange) set up and each team member folds under their username with a monkie(r) (see what i did there) to identify what team they belong to. eg the team is chimpschallange12 with each folder having custombit-javaman, custombit-coolermaster etc. That would allow individual members to be assessed to identify number of folders per team. Any drastic changes in points could be monitored and accounted for and even estimated by people declaring their rigs before hand.

17. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

After doing a few tests this weekend I can throw about 35-40K PPD in for this.

18. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Work commitments and CC rules permitting, you can count me in.

coolamasta likes this.
  19. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

When my 3930K isn't too busy testing PCI-E graphics cards, it'll be available for the challenge. I think it's great to have the odd (almost) friendly competition between teams. As it only lasts a couple of weeks, I might even put everything else on hold for the duration :)

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

sure cooolamasta... i'm up for it