1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cloud Imperium Games delays Star Citizen's Squadron 42

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Oct 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Biggest scam ever.

Not forgetting the FPS part of the game, which was due for release in April 2016, postponed for end May 2016 and then they announced that "it will be released some time into the future".

Brushing under the carpet that ate peoples money, who forced them to buy the extra games modules, because of the split they did last year.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure it's really a scam, the devs just heavily overestimated how well they can put a game together.

Considering they are working independently and started from mostly nothing, they're going at a great pace knowing the sheer size and depth of this game. I really think they should've dumbed it down a bit, though. There seems to be a lot of features that are cool to have but not necessary for the success of the game; they kept focusing on adding things rather than polishing and getting it playable.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

As someone following the game closely, its definitely not a scam. Schmidtbag hits the nail on the head, basically they are making a gigantic game, which no surprise, is taking a long time.

They have definitely feature creeped a hell of a lot (I would have personally been happy with the original vision of a game largely just based around space combat), but its undoubtedly shaping up reasonable well, albeit at an absolutely glacial pace.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Good things come to those who wait.

Having met the man in charge twice now, as well as some of the people behind it, you can't deny the passion there. Bear in mind that there's basically been a restart last year when CIG basically realized they were getting a shed load more money than originally envisaged and so hired a more appropriate level of staff. There's also a LOT they haven't revealed to the public yet and the Evocati (the community pre release testers) see a lot of action.

I'm not worried. I just hope they fix the damn ESP soon!