1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress (Completed) Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build [MOTM nominee] Thank You

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mybadomen, 6 Mar 2012.

1. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

Looking brilliant mate , keep up the good work , only think i dislike is that antec thing that looks like a Car radio

2. addonhi

addonhi What's a Dremel?

This is a really nice build, how much would you say that it would cost in tottal to build the case and for the water cooling. bassically just for the case build and water cooling so not motherboard, ram etc.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2012
  3. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Yeah but i cant live without that. The most amazing thing it is.

Powers PC on and Off with Remote.
    Controls all my movies Music etc.
    I have my PC hooked to a TV and don't pay for cable .I just own one of the Antec things and and Hulu Plus and Netfilx Subscription. So it is a Must in all my builds or i would have no TV.

It also does cool stuff like show System info etc. And personally i think they look amazing.

But we all have different tastes and i can only do my best to please as many as possible :)

More Updates coming!

4. mybadomen

Update !

Awesome Video & More in this Update!!
    When 2 Artists,A handful of great companies and an incredible Community come together.There can be nothing but Great results !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an Incredible Update and i am so excited about it. I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to see the M8 Assault Rifle from Mass Effect 3 that is going to be Top Mounted on the Mass Effect 3 Build of course. Well today we are lucky enough to receive a video that is also posted on DaFrontlineTrooper's YouTube channel.

I find this to be Amazing because this was an international project that we worked on together and i find it very cool that people from different parts of the planet can come together on one build to make it great.

So lets talk a little more about Andrew Cook again for those of you that missed it before. He is mostly known as DaFrontlineTrooper and a does Films,Props and the best thing i admire about him is he also does Tutorials to share with others how to do what he does.Sorta like we do here by displaying build Logs.I have been watching him for a long time and was actually going to try and build my own M8 by using his tutorials. Then i thought to myself, Hmmm he is a huge Mass Effect Fan ! I am a Huge Mass Effect Fan! Why not contact him and do an international project together.

Long Story short i asked him if he thought it was a great idea and he agreed it would be a great thing to do.I also want to let you know he was in the middle of 4 international Projects when i talked to him first and he still wanted to do it.

I don't know about you guys but just him playing a part in this build just makes it allot more sentimental and a bigger story to go behind the build. (I am such a huge fan of his i also had him sign the gun for me :) )

And Finally after all my Blabbing the Video showing the Actual M8 that will be Mounted on top of My Mass Effect 3 Build!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYxBCGWNGc&list=UUpURJ31GSBcMAxM9_5m26Dw&index=1&feature=plcp

Hope you guys enjoyed the Video and my Tiny little Mass Effect 3 M8 Assault Rifle.

I still have Tons i haven't got to post yet on the build progress so keep checking Back! (I will be Posting as soon as Possible)

Take Care Guys and thanks for Following my work and for all your Support!

MybadOmen & DaFrontlineTrooper

5. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

The gun look very cool, will fit perfect with the rest. :D

6. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

hey mate you just please yourself its your build i can only pass my opinion :p ,

i like all the builds you've done mate , like i say it just looks like it belongs in a car like a 2DIN head-unit , but if it helps you the jam it in there :p

Each to there own in other words mate :)

7. B.o.B

B.o.B What's a Dremel?

Must be time for an update. I must see more... hehe

8. mybadomen

UPDATE !

Ok so last we left off i was just finishing up the Rad and Power Supply cover i made.

First off:
    Big Thanks to EK for the Radiators. EKWB Sponsored both the XTC 420 & XTC 280 Rads. (Plus Tons more! )

Both Rads and tons of other Great EK Products can be found here : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators.html?cat=94

[​IMG]

Also Thanks goes out to NZXT for the Power Supply which is a NZXT Hale 90 1000watt.

The Power Supply Can be found here again along with there incredible Products: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/power_supplies/hale90_1000w

[​IMG]

Also guys i have used both these companies Products long before i was ever sponsored.And i highly Recommend both companies products.

Ok here are some updates of where i left off painting the Mesh for the bottom Rad to breathe.

Before:
    [​IMG]

Bare metal always needs an Etching Primer before painting:

[​IMG]

Hanging the mesh and priming it:

[​IMG]

Taping off the everything besides what i want to be white: Also measuring to match the top.

[​IMG]

after i painted the white i taped off again over the white to make the Red Stripe:

[​IMG]

White and Red done just black to go:

[​IMG]

And the black finally:

[​IMG]

And Finally the Finished look together of the top and bottom Mesh.

[​IMG]

Still tons more to Update but i need to get back to work on it so cya guys soon!

MybadOmen

9. mybadomen

UPDATE!

Got the Package that was Sponsored by:

ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair

[​IMG]

Now i can really get cranking on the Theme. Was a costly Case to dress up because Shepard's N7 Armor is all Carbon fiber .
    Already the build took 2 2' x 2" sheets just to do the inside and the one top piece.

Thanks you ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair for Sponsoring 3 more sheets to the build !!! That was a huge help and will get this build rolling again!

Here is what was Sponsored to the Build: 3 sheets so its 2' x 6' Roll: of the Real 3M Di noc (Stuff is far from Cheap)

[​IMG]

For more info on My Sponsor Please see his website here: http://atxpctech.com/

Thank you ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair for the help and thanks to everyone else that has been following the build and supporting me through the build and some rough times!

MybadOmen

10. mybadomen

UPDATE!

I know i am busy as all hell but i figure i owe you guys some more updates since i did tons of work and haven't had time to log it. So some of the updates will be showing work done before the pictures you guys have already seen.

But here goes. I will do my best to make it all make sense:

Ok here i am working on the top Mesh and cover of the Case:

Here is the top after i cut the 2 slots on each side for the tubing to show through and i painted the small mesh in this piece also (Might be painting it back to black at the end though)

[​IMG]

Primered with Etching Primer and Painted the Red white and black (Picture shows the white done)

[​IMG]

Now taping off for the Red Paint. (at this point i was going to try to keep the metal look but i didn't like it and changed it to black)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is some more work i did because i wanted the handle on the top back in and needed to mount the Mesh to the top. (I used 2 part Epoxy to mount it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol and look at my fingernail in this next Photo ! MybadOmen going Goth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Applying 3M Di noc to the top. This was pretty tricky but i got it the best i could and it looks good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of the work finishing up the Bay i modded for holding the Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps:

[​IMG]

Screws i decided to go with to give a nice look against the polished aluminum cover i also made.This will make it so i can easily get to both Pumps if need be:

[​IMG]

Tap and Die set to make new Threads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now just making the holes bigger one the front cover parts so the bolts go through to the threads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And what the final Pump tray looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Mounted the little SR2 Ship on the Front 10" Reservoir. Both Reservoirs are EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced .

Reservoirs i am using can be found here : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/r...es-x2/ek-multioption-res-x2-250-advanced.html

Pumps i am using can be found here: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/ek-dcp-4-0-12v-dc-pump.html

[​IMG]

And with the Pump Box in:

[​IMG]

Also got a new Monitor because mine died on me ! Absolutely love the new one i got. Its an HP 2511x you guys have to check these monitors out if you ever see one.It stood out in the store and made all the other monitors look horrible ,so basically i had no choice but to get it.I didnt want it because it was HP and i went there looking for an Asus or Samsung. But believe me this HP is Amazing. It does cost a little more then the Samsung and Asus but it was well worth it!

[​IMG]

Here is a peek of what i am working on now until the next Update as you can see i have the little helping hands out and yup ,I am soldering in there. Think my warranty is still good?:

[​IMG]

Thank you NZXT for the Hale 90 1000watt to rip apart :)

If interested in a NZXT Hale 90 1000watt PSU for your build here is the link: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/power_supplies/hale90_1000w

As always these are all Great Products from great companies or i wouldn't Use them or endorse them! Any part i show or use i highly recommend !

Hope you guys enjoyed the Update! It takes allot of time from the build when i am sitting here but the build is pointless without you guys watching so you guys are Priority number 1!

Thanks for Watching and keep checking back!

MybadOmen

11. mybadomen

UPDATE!

*** Huge Thanks to Newest Sponsor for joining in on the Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 build! ***

[​IMG]

http://www.plextoramericas.com/

Now i would like to talk a little about why Plextor is part of this build.I have been watching them on Facebook and was amazed at how closely they work with the community and there incredible support for their customers.They had allot of the same Qualities found in my other sponsors and if you guys all remember the sticker ordeal with my OCZ drives then you know how terrible of support they have.

So as far i can see so far Plextor is an incredible Company community and Support wise.Hmm well what about there drives was my next question.
    So as always i went and started digging and researching and was amazed to find all kinds of awards for their SSD drives and incredible benchmark scores. (I will be Reviewing and Benching them Myself when they arrive also).So at that point i was sold and contacted them about coming aboard the build and they said yes.

So all i can say at this point is i am highly honored to be Sponsored by another great Company! And i am not speaking of just a good quality fast drive.I am talking the whole company is another great company. I feel if a company wants us to buy their parts they should be part of the community and hear what we have to say and also see what we are building and maybe a contest here and there for us. Well every sponsor you see listed for this build ,Including the newly added Plextor fall into that category or trust me i wouldn't be associated with them.

So as for Plextor they are another Company that i highly recommend their Products and will endorse them with everything i have !

Here is some info on Plextor SSD Drives also: http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/ssd/px-m3-pro-series

[​IMG]

Take care guys ans Stay Tuned for what is coming from Plextor which will be in an update sometime next week!

Take Care,

MybadOmen

12. mybadomen

Update!

Here is a bunch of Random photos of the work i have been doing. I have been rushing as hard as i can the last few days because i need to start working and wasn't expected to start yet.So here is wht i have done so far.

LED Strips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wiring Fans a little more convenient: (This will allow me to control each row of fans on the rads.So i can adjust the push or pull of the sets of fans)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks fun don't it. And that's still without the PSU installed!

[​IMG]

Small little bracket i had to make to hold the PSU & Rad cover up:

[​IMG]

PSU still Modded even though you will never see it. This was the all white NZXT Hale90 1000w.

[​IMG]

Here are just some shots of the build. As you can see i changed the tubing on the Red loop to Red just to avoid any tubing issues because i wont have time to change it if anything goes wrong now. So it will still look great and i have no worries now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the updates still lots to do .

Take Care

MybadOmen

13. mybadomen

Update!

Here is the Sketch up we are going by, for the inside only. We are saving the Mass Effect 3 Logo for the Outside of the case and of course the M8 made by DaFrontlineTrooper will be going on top.Also the cooling will be white and red and also 2 Plextor SSD drives will be Mounted on the blank Carbon fiber Panel on the right hand top side.

Also allot of help with the Vinyl work is being done by Kaged as my equipment is no where near ready to run :) and we are good friends of course.

[​IMG]

Also guys don't forget to check out and support his Pink NZXT Phantom Cancer Awareness Build !

Cancer Awareness Build here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1211457/case-mod-cancer-awareness-nzxt-pink-phantom

[​IMG]

More Updates soon keep watching

Take Care,

MybadOmen

14. mybadomen

UPDATE !

Thank you Plextor for making this Update possible and for coming on board the Mass Effect 3 - Switch 810 build !

[​IMG]

As you guys that have been following the thread know already i have been talking about changing the SSD's to a different brand. I have been Very interested in Plextor Pro Series SSD's for a while now and read allot about then. Well to make a long story short i talked with Plextor and am dumping the OCZ drives and going to run a new Pair of Plextor 128gig M3 Pro Series SSD's in raid 0 Striped in the Mass Effect 3 build.

After some Testing i definitely love the drives and plan on running Plextor drives from now on and let me show you why:

First i will start with the unboxing of the Drives:

It was raining the day the drives arrived and i was nervous when i seen the box was wet!

[​IMG]

As i opened the box i realized Plextor Packed the drives very nice, so my worries instantly went away (So much bubble wrap i bet i could of dropped them off my roof and they would be fine so A+ for Packaging! )

[​IMG]

Now to look at the box itself :

As you can see and it was hard to get it on film the box is a shiny metallic blue and looks very nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Back which has the Specs which i will get to in a few:

[​IMG]

And here are the contents inside the box: The SSD , an Adapter ,mounting screws,Software and Manual and 5 year warranty info.

[​IMG]

Ok lets get right to the drive now because i am very excited about it:

The drive looks absolutely gorgeous! It sits in a brushed aluminum casing with Plextor done very nicely in black. Yeah i know this is just looks but trust me we will get to the performance soon enough. Also this SSD is one of the Lightest SSD drives i ever held and it is extremely thin. So for looks ,weight and size the drive is amazing so A+ here also !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is where they will be going in the ME3 build:

[​IMG]

Also here they are mounted in Venom which i am using just as a test bench right now :

[​IMG]

Ok now onwards to see how they Perform:

ATTO:

[​IMG]

CrystalDiskMark

[​IMG]

Plextor SSD Performance Analyzer

[​IMG]

Windows Experience Index also 7.9 for the SSD's of course.

[​IMG]

As you can easily see these drives easily do 1000mbs + and we proved it with Multiple benchmarks to be fair as Possible.

Also one of the biggest attractions to the Plextor drives is their award winning technology called True Speed where their drives keep the performance over long periods of time. Plus don't forget they have a 5 Year Warranty !! So why are more people not running them ? I have no idea but i will be for sure !

More info on Plextor True Speed Technology : http://www.plextoramericas.com/TrueSpeed/index.html

And also the Specs of Plextor M3 Pro Series Drives i am using : http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/ssd/px-m3-pro-series?start=1

My conclusion is these SSD drives Rock ! and i would highly recommend them to anyone looking for lightening fast drives! Also Plextor makes many other model SSD's and Blu Ray burners etc so take a look for your self. here: http://www.plextoramericas.com/

But the # 1 reason i chose Plextor and wanted them as a Sponsor is because they have INCREDIBLE customer service and they also are very close with their customers on Facebook etc !

I am highly honored to be Flying the PLEXTOR banner on this build Log and Proud to represent their name !!

MybadOmen

More updates to come soon so keep Watching !

15. mybadomen

Hope you guys enjoy the updates i just added .Sorry sometimes it takes a while to get them up because i am so busy with so much other stuff but i do my best to get the updates to you guys as soon as i can.

Should be more shortly and hoping the Final ones soon !

Take care and thanks for looking. I highly appreciate the support!

MybadOmen

16. suragh

suragh Derp

The Mesh piece looks awesome!!! Nice work dude! :rock:

17. B.o.B

B.o.B What's a Dremel?

o_O I wanted an update, so I looked every day at this post to see if you would post... And then you posted like a million things and I went all floppy and drooled a little.

You my good sir, are wicked. I think I need to take some notes on being successfully awesome, because this is way better than I can manage at this stage. This makes me want to step up my game. Thank you

18. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Those Plextors look at home!

I forgot that you got a pair. I love how comfortable they fit.... Been using same pair for past 3 years :thumb:

19. mybadomen

Yeah i normally never wear them. Lol i must have went to the hospital at least 5 or 6 times to have metal dug from my eye.Mainly Modding Old cars. But since the one's i got from you guys . Wow they really are nice. They don't fall off,Don't fog up and are crystal clear.

I always wear them now. Well to be honest i try to always wear them now :) . I still get into my work and forget sometimes.but 95% of the time i am wearing them.

20. mybadomen

Update!

Here is a bunch of Random photos of the work i have been doing. I have been rushing as hard as i can the last few days because i need to start working and wasn't expected to start yet.So here is wht i have done so far.

LED Strips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wiring Fans a little more convenient: (This will allow me to control each row of fans on the rads.So i can adjust the push or pull of the sets of fans)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks fun don't it. And that's still without the PSU installed!

[​IMG]

Small little bracket i had to make to hold the PSU & Rad cover up:

[​IMG]

PSU still Modded even though you will never see it. This was the all white NZXT Hale90 1000w.

[​IMG]

Here are just some shots of the build. As you can see i changed the tubing on the Red loop to Red just to avoid any tubing issues because i wont have time to change it if anything goes wrong now. So it will still look great and i have no worries now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More soon

MybadOmen