1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conroe heatsink group test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 1 Aug 2006.

1. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

that's my question too!

2. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

the freezer 7 did a better job, was quieter, and it blows air out the back of the case (assuming you have a fan in the back of your case) .....

i would have thought the freezer is better ...

As with most TT products, they look good, but when it comes down to it they suck at cooling and they are loud

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

The lliquid boils and travels upwards to the fins then it cools back to liquid and falls by gravity to the hotspot/core

4. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

i thought they worked on a capillary action though, so they could even work upside down if you want

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Cool. I thought about buying that instead of the Scythe Ninja I picked up in the end - unlike the Scythe, it can only be installed in one orientation...

Still, look forward to the results.

6. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

ty for review great job and to include water cooling was sweet.

7. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

the real perfomance of the big typhoon isnt unleashed in this test you have to polish the base and fill the gaps in the alu fin (there are 2 if you take the fan) to really show the perfomance of the TT BT

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

The fins at the bottom of the Arctic are curved to push a little cool air down onto the VRMs. All the Auras' fins point straight back.

It's not gravity that affects the pipes - it's convection. At a given temperature (something tells me 66 degrees C) the liquid inside the tubes boils and rises as a gas - taking heat with it up to the fins.

Cheers all.
    *flees*

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

All testing was done on stock HSF, the bases of these were cleaned, purified and AS testing TIM was applied. The bases are tested stock to provide a fair comparison. It costs them (TT) money to lap the base and this would be reflected in the price; lapping any or all of the bases would skew the quality/price/performance results. I also doubt if the TT would fare that much better - especially if the Freezer and Auras were also lapped.

Then there's the quality and repeatability of a hand lapped finish etc etc.

10. fatty

fatty Minimodder

What a great artical now all you need to do is get the conroe under some phase change cooling for the extreme overclockers amongst us :D

Tags: Add Tags