Modding Corny USB fan mod.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hydro_electric_655, 5 Aug 2006.

1. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

So I just decided to make an acrylic foot for my new USB fan utterly useless except for cooling your mouse hand. But none the less I like the little trincit that it is. So with out further adu here are the pics.

Box Stock :p
    [​IMG]

Now this is what It looks like. Note the cheesy metal stand it was terribly uneven.
    [​IMG]

Great Improvement while most find this totally worthless I like it. It works pretty well.

2. customh

customh conflagration.

Not bad, i must admit, how did you glue the joints? I do find my mouse hand getting sweaty quite often, but i'd solve that by modding a fan into the mouse.

3. hydro_electric_655

First off my mouse is wireless and lacks room for a fan. Much less one that is quite not that this one is terribly quiet but...

And I used the [​IMG] weldon 16 gel acrylic glue. It is not good for looks but its fairly strong. As you may notice there are lots of bubbles. I did take it apart minutes after it set and re-apply to change angle. But it is dry now and strong.

4. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

Thats cool Hydro, I love those small little mods that really make a difference, and just to throw this out their i thought about an idea of cutting a hole in my old wooden computer desk and mounting a themaltake fan flush with the top of the desk and putting a perforated mouse pad over it to cool your sweaty hands. Just an idea.

5. hydro_electric_655

Sounds like a good one at that.

6. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

A fan in a mouse, now that wud be nice.