Planning Corsair 250D "Tweaks"

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Redbeaver, 11 Jun 2014.

1. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

I hardly call it a "mod" so I'll settle for a tweak.

My targets are simple:
    - Window etch
    - Internal lightings (LED + fan)
    - Internal chassis paint
    - Other various touch-ups.

Which brings me to some questions:
    - I like to remove the Corsair logo in the front panel of the case. Any recommendation? I don't think using a paint remover is the smartest thing, but i dont want to sand down the whole thing and re-paint..
    - I'm planning to use Dremel with the pen-grip bit to do my etching. I did this with my old steel Silverstone TJ06 case's front panel BUT the 250D has an aluminium front panel... Anything I should be worried about?
    - Which LED fan do people recommend that has a nice glow, and decent CFM? In other words, these will be aesthetic first, performance second.

Thanks,

2. darknessblade

darknessblade What's a Dremel?

i would recommand to clean the entire front-panel then repaint it,

this way you get a better and clean finish of your mod

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Thanks! Welp... that might put a damper on my timeline schedule for the summer lol...

how do you recommend cleaning it? Wet sand? I love the aluminium brush texture... i dont mind repainting, but i really hope i can keep that texture.

also, anybody can recommend a good lighting source? see, last time i do any lighting mod, coldcathode is THE way to go.... but now u got dozens of LED strip, LED lights, LED strobe or whatever....

My previous 2 mods are black with red internal and red lighting.

this time around i think it will be white lighting with red internals. I'll also mod the lighting to have a gradual-start-up when it boots up, and potentially sound-sensitive.