1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Corsair HX1000 Modification - Fully modular & fixing deffekt psu [Update 14 JAN]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KoSoVaR^, 30 Dec 2012.

1. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

eek! update :D

+rep for being meticulous. I would have never seen what made it go AWOL :blush:

2. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Ohh nooooo! I forgot the CF card in my mancave...crap xD! I am on the buss on my way home with my twinbrother :D

Thank you dude,

3. siliconfanatic

Ummm? Your welcome?

4. KoSoVaR^

I am kind of a perfectionist :hip:

5. KoSoVaR^

Now it's time for another update guys :)

I have not had that much today because I had to work on something else, but here are some photos from the tonight's work.

I firts began to take everything out to continue the modd.
    I know it's messy,and that's barely a quarter out what I have ... I have also ordered a couple of handy sorting shelves with small boxes in which I can store all my pins, contacts , screws, screw accessories, small tools, heatshrink and much more, i love being organized and this is a nightmare !

[​IMG]

I took out my wire stripper and began to strip all the cables from the PSU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crimping is fun, especially with an awsome crimper :D!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next victim, forgot to take pictures of this but all cables are done crimped, I will soon begin with the sleeving, my brother has got more and more interested in heatshrinkless after checking out lutro0's work so heatshrinkless it is !

[​IMG]

See you next time!
    Best regards
    /Venhar
    Kosovar Mods

6. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Not to knock lutro0 or pat myself on the back (too much) but i came up with the shrinkless look about 3 weeks before anyone else did, except i was sewing the ends with a needle and thread and in the process keep it quiet. Talk about tedious and time consuming! The lighter/burnt end it much easier to do and a bit cleaner when putting them into the housings.

Anyways, on with the mod and i agree with your brother on the shrinkless look.

7. siliconfanatic

:eeek: id would indefinitely fry something. all that red. all that black, yellow.
    its a clustereff of wires :hehe:

8. KoSoVaR^

Its very hard to say who was first, im not reffering to the Shrinkless technique at all in this tiopic...i would concider you to red the description of this buildlog :)
    I did the first shrinkless try on my littlebrothers PSU using superglue...yes it was very painful.
    Then i tried out with wome paracord and fabric sleeve by simply crimping the it together with the pin,i think it was four or five years since my first try, but this is as i said off topic.

I think that shrink gives the whole a extra nice look. If you concider soing it flawless.

Haha, its not that hard, after all theese years of sleeving i have memorized the pinouts already ;)

9. siliconfanatic

then could you do me a favor and shoot me the layout of molexes?