Other Creative Gameplay

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 28 Jul 2012.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Anyone ever try playing a game in a different way? Such as imposing bizarre challenges just for the sake of it?

I know Gunsmith of these parts is notorious for his ironman playthrougs ans of course his legendary maximum fisticuffs. I was just curious if anyone else has this thing? Because it might provide a new life to older games.

I have yet to try this, but I saw a friend do it. We dubbed it the poison apple run. Basically in oblivion you'd eat a Poison apple and see how far and how long you'd survive. The longer you survive the better. It was like being jason statham in Crank minus the explosions. Any of you BT'ers do something strange and similar like this?

P.S Hitman Blood Money is one of my favorite games for doing wacky quests.

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

A friend of mine does a juggernaut mode on his unrankced BF3 server.

3. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

That's rather hilarious. I've attempted to play Skyrim as a pacifist before; essentially never deliver the killing blow. Bludgeon whatever enemy to the point where they bend over gasping for their life, decide they've learned their lesson and go about your day :)

4. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

After watching some Gunsmith's videos I took it upon myself to do that first level of Crysis only killing people with an old washing machine. Does that count?

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I found myself getting ideas in Portal 2 once in the large round room where you use conversion gel. An hour later the room looked very different.......

[​IMG]

:D

I've tried some other things too but they never really work out how I intend. Some were:
    - Corpse juggling with the super gravity gun at the end of HL2. Never managed more than 2 bounces/juggles/whatever with any more than 2.
    - Winning a game of Civ without ever building any kind of army, just the one warrior you start with to defend capital and diplomacy for the rest. Harder than you might think with the hardest settings you can use (raging barbarians etc.)
    - BF3, repair tool only :D (if memory serves a certain Mr.Rocks fell foul of this one :lol:)
    - Completing Final Fantasy 8 with Squall permanently dead/KO'd.
    - Make a fancy display of all the unique named weapons and armour in Fallout 3.
    I'm sure there's other stuff but I can't remember them. I've always tried to get more from games by doing things a bit different (read: silly).

Last edited: 29 Jul 2012
  6. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Similarly win a game of SupCom by only building defenses and a nuclear silo.

oh yes, i've done this many times in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. Get a house and decorate it with weapons and trophies :D

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

With Fallout 3 having completed it many times before. I completed a playthrough ignoring certain quests. Going straight to getting the characters father from the VR machine. Skipping other pointless quests and finished the game in under an hour.

I did this on PC by using the locations unlock cheat.

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'd like to try bringing Left 4 Dead to BF3 in a manner.

Team 1 - 4 people pick any weapon they like.

Team 2 - Everyone else is on the other side, and can only use knives.

Have at it. See which team survives the longest before the "horde" gets them :D

9. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

This we must do.

I enjoy trying to play games without changing from your starting loadout, ie only use the pistol or knife or only use the wooden sword you get in a training mission etc. It's much more challenging

10. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This is genius.

11. Elton

You know that it means I'll be C4ing the lot of you.

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Not so much on the crazy conditions and requirements in singleplayer, but in multiplayer games I love trying and doing ridiculous things.

Dota 2 is great for it. All mid, all push. All team Dagons. "Why does Dazzle have a Rapier?". With the addition of new heroes I want to try Disruptor+Keeper of Light+Wisp+Chen teleport madness. Give them all Boots of Travel for more craziness.

13. Elton

I really gotta get into DOTA 2. Last time I played Dota, was about 4-5 years ago. Multiplayer games are great for bizarre conditions.

WWII mode is one of my favorites in BF3 at times. Bolt action rifle only, and 1911 or .44 Magnum as a sidearm. Also, the rifle can't have anything but an iron sight. Prepare to die repeatedly. :D

By the way, Hitman: Blood Money has always been my hunting ground for weird ways to kill people. One of my favorites is trying to throw the entire population of the level into a river.

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

He also does "pOOpy Gun Loadouts", which Elton you've been trolling yourself with, FAMAS and flash suppressor! You only needed to add a rifle scope to complete the pain :lol:

I've tried going .44 Magnum only before, that was after a few of you guys said about pistol only rounds on regular servers.

15. Elton

Oh God, Jester, that's fantastic!

And truth be told the FAMAS isn't that terrible, I once tried it with the scopes though. Lols were had. What I will say though, is how does it look to others when they get taken out by this atrocity? :D And please Jester, I end up on the top of the leaderboards with that sexy puppy. Surely I'm doing something right. ;)

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Whilst it had no real purpose. In Metal Gear Solid. I used to place C4 in the open area of the Tank Hanger and Claymores out of its range. Blow the C4 which caused an alert and watched as all the soldiers ran into certain death.

It was also fun to place claymores and then knock on walls causing soldiers to then walk into them.

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This is another genius idea! (I might even be good at it)

18. Elton

Too easy? Then try this: James bond mode, M1911 Silenced only. Play as recon/engineer for a challenge. Support/Assault for easier times.

Although the Recon tugs is invaluable to survival. So play as engineer for ultimate challenges.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Sounds good too except that I don't have the 1911 :(

I'm still thinking about the EOD bot hide and seek which someone suggested here once.

20. Elton

We tried it, it's not the greatest thing because some smart platforming >EOD.

However, EOD battle royale should be positively fun. Last EOD to be standing wins them all.