1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm sensing your plan to go from a wannabe game developer to a genuine game developer is to take it in the ass from nVidia. I'm sure your games will be popular when they only run well on nVidia cards.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that is true, but it's been consolified to death from the looks of it.

tiny levels, no suit functions (hold space to strength jump? :wallbash: ) and zero graphics advanced configurations, only Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore to choose from, not even AA. :miffed:

Gunsmith is going to cry. it's not the Crysis as we know it. i don't think it's even a Crytek game.

3. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Nvidia wasnt happy just with locking the AA code to their cards, they used the standard AA solution and prevented ATI from doing a similar solution. What? ATI had to invent an all new way to make AA now?
    Shameful tactic by Nvidia.
    Lousy choice to illustrate your point, then.

4. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

As already stated above, it wasn't simply a case of Nvidia actively working to get the game working well on their hardware, they intentionally worked with the developer to lock down the AA support to Nvidia hardware only, even though it would work on their competitor's hardware too. That really is disgraceful behaviour, although i would be more concerned about the software developer's willingness to co-operate (which suggests some form of financial incentive).

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Except a lot of "trusted reviewers" often rate down games that I highly enjoy, and rate up games that are garbage.

Example: Far Cry 2 got a 9 here and Bioshock got an 8. Both games I consider to be pretty bad.

Maybe if developers would stop trying to create so many distinctions between console and PC game versions and stop treating customers like thieves then maybe people would stop pirating their games.

Also, screw the new trend of pre-ordering the game to get access to the demo or beta.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

:rolleyes:

What's wrong with you? Ever since you got that AMD GPU you've been going out of your way to talk trash about Nvida.

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I think people need to calm down.
    What's done is done, you can moan about it as much as you like, but nothing is going to change it.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

actually, it was ever since gtx480's release. i think he had a 8800GT before it.

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm not trashing nVidia. I have in the past. Like any company theres upsides and downsides. They make fantastic cards and my next card will probably be a nVidia GPU. I see nothing wrong with them part-funding PC game development, especially games that push technical boundaries. If that means they sell more cards, so what? Lets look at the 560, which can be purchased for £190. Overclocked, this card is as fast as the 480 GTX. So in 9 months, you can buy the same power for half the price, on a cooler and more power efficient card. So I my estimation, nVidia have something special with Fermi and have advanced the industry considerably over the last year.

10. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

I'm responding to your post since it is the only reasonable one. I dont agree with what occured but its all too easy to simple justify it as anti-competitive when it could have been something else. Dont get me wrong, it could very well be anti-competitive but it could also be simply a matter of saving money doing QA. The nvidia implementation while working on nvidia cards may not have worked properly on ATI (even tho it did at the end). You cant just release an untested AA implementation and hope it works. Can you imagine the outrage if AA was enabled for ATI cards but was broken? It would be the whole Nvidia is evil fiasco all over again. There is no way for nvidia to come out looking good no matter what.

If nvidia was trying to get an advantage over ATI or if they were just being conscientious, they are the bad guys. Would you agree that it is not nvidia's job to test their implementation on ATI hardware? Even if they did test it they cant fix any problems, considering they have no technical knowledge of how ATI drivers operate. Nvidia shouldnt have implemented AA for the game, and the game should have launched without AA. That way nvidia would have come out clean. I highly doubt nvidia paid Eidos to implement AA, how many gamers do you know that would go out and buy a new video card just to enable AA for a single game?!?! There is no benefit to nvidia in that situation, at the end of the day it just screwed them over.

For example even tho forcing AA works for nvidia in Dead Space 2, it doesnt for ATI, now is that nvidia being anti-competitive again? Developing on PC is much harder than on consoles due to the varied hardware combinations. A game developer cannot simply test with a single card company and be done with it. Look at what happened with The Saboteur, the initial release would not work on ATI cards, even tho nvidia was not involved in any way. If money can be saved on testing then the publishers will save it. If the nvidia engineers implemented and tested AA for all nvidia cards, the publisher may simply have said "cool, thanks, we're not gonna pay for ATI QA so its locked to nvidia"...

11. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

I read some comments on a closed torrent site and it is pretty unstable code with a lot of stuff missing. I think the main worry is the authentication key. They will have to recall all manufactured discs and set a new master key. This will probably impact on the release date.

I for one will not be downloading it and I will support Crytek, I have already pre-ordered it on play.com.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

IIRC it was a 260!
    We good bro! :)

Well, what's done is done (as GeorgeStorm says). Valve managed to recover from the HL2 leak, as did id with Doom 3, so if the game's good enough, I sure it'll sell well.

What I'm getting sick of is people making disparaging remarks about the game BEFORE it's even been released; it seems it's the 'cool' thing to do.

13. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

honestly I'm actually looking forward to it, the MP video that was released looked like a lot of fun!

Its just a bummer cause I'm sure some people will judge the game on what by all accounts is a unfinished beta/dev build...

14. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

as soon as i heard they were going to make the game on console i knew pc gamers would get kicked in the balls, definitely won't buy this crappy console port.

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

This old chestnut rears it's grubby head up once again.

1) NVIDIA provide assistance / manpower / code to Eidos to support reliable AA in a game engine not famous for it's wonderful AA.

2) NVIDIA allegedly restrict Eidos from using the NVIDIA assisted AA logic to be used on non NVIDIA GPU platforms.

3) ATI fanbois have a hissy-fit that NVIDIA are playing dirty in not letting the code they helped with (in order to big-up their own platform) be run on competitors systems.

4) NVIDIA fanbois back NVIDIA, stating that ATI could have copied NVIDIA and provided their own assistance / methods / code to support reliable AA.

5) A few people understand the ins-and-outs of it all. The rest just stamp their feet and wave their arms.

So here's what I think. Nvidia didn't do anything to "hurt" those with ATI GPUs. They only took action to benefit their own customers. It's Eidos who made the deal, they could have said "Thanks for the offer, but if it doesn't benefit all of our customers we can't agree to your help under those terms".

If Nvidia hadn't taken any action, then neither would have AA at all. Or.... both platforms would have poor AA.... I guess we'll never know which of these.

I don't mind one company supplying code to a developer to improve the behaviour on their own platform.
    I don't care if developers side with one platform or another as their preferred GPU.
    I don't even care if games have AA... it's nice but I think there's more important things to worry about first (gameplay, reliability)

It'd be nice if everything worked across platforms but hey - life is life.

Am I the only person who thinks vertical sync support is miles more important for how a game "feels" than AA?

16. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

This leak could end up being positive for the game. It doesn't have to be a disaster.

17. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

I don't like Vertical Sync, makes the input feel rather laggy if you take an fps hit.

18. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Keep in mind that this is Crytek's fault, for not having proper security.

19. Chappy

Chappy What's a Dremel?

Just how the hell this got leaked? Whats this X-Men Origins. . . or
    Did they purposely leak this to get something?

Please Guys don't Tolerate this Stuff, I'd Suggest Stop Mentioning ******Bay.
    I Love the Game, its Great & Awesome. I want more High Caliber PC Games in the Future from Crytek.
    I just Hope they won't Delay the Release Date because of this, I Already Pre-ordered this. >_<

For the Leechers, Just wait I'll Freaking Choke your Connections by Downloading it Endlessly on my 1Gbps Seedbox from DHT to Public Trackers, Let's see if you could get a decent dl speeds. . .

-nah just joking (guess that's impossible)

20. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I something leaked this early going to be remotely stable? I doubt AMD or Nvidia have worked much on drivers for it.