1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Crysis 3 Gameplay - Nvidia Surround - GTX 480 SLI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UrbanSmooth, 22 Mar 2013.

1. UrbanSmooth

UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

Crysis 3 Gameplay - Nvidia Surround - GTX 480 SLI:

So, I decided to go on ahead and take advantage of Origin's game sale this week. It just so happens that I picked up Crysis 3 for $29.99 and Battlefield 3 for $12! Not bad for Origin, lol. Anyway, here's Crysis 3, all settings set to high on some older hardware. Lucking, I've got some new hardware ready to go into my build, yet, it's a manageable gaming experience. Check it out for yourself. What do you think?

Last edited: 25 Mar 2013
  2. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Looks good. What type of screens have you got and what resolution?

Edit: ASUS VW266H

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I just can't get over having massive lines (the bezels) down the centre of my game - do you not notice them after a while or what?

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I just don't know how useful I'd find the extra perspective. If you catch my drift. My focus is so central, I guess it would add to immersion, but would I not be thinking "wish my FPS was higher and smoother" ... ?

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That is why I have not gone for 3 screens yet.

The bezel is just to thick for me on most monitors at the moment.

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Very nice! :) You can change the FOV in a autoexec.cfg file, so the image isn't that stretched on the side monitors. Also theres a mod so you can move your hud in so thst doesn't become too stretched either. :)

@Parge - When your in the game, the bezels fade out of your vision, and so you don't notice them. :)

UrbanSmooth likes this.
  7. UrbanSmooth

Hey, guys, thanks for the responses! Now I'll respond to you...

Correct, they fade out of few, your eyes are 'tricked' into not noticing them when you're focused on the action/exploring/what's going on onscreen.

I'll give you two examples:

1. When you're driving a car, do you notice where your windshield stops and your side windows start, or are you focused on what's going on behind them?

2. When you play a game on a single screen, do you notice the bezels, or are you focused on the action?

It definitely adds to the immersion! And yes, it does require a beefy rig to power such a beautiful array of 'display goodness'. I'll be upgrading to GTX 670 3-Way SLI soon. :thumb:

See my response to Parge above. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into those .cfg edits. :thumb:

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I've had plenty of experience in triple monitor setups. In the days of using a program called SoftTH to run all three monitors, but no support for SLI/CFX.

- To using Eyefinity - To Nvidia Surround. Nwo back to a single monitor, until my loft conversion goes underway and I plan on triple 1080p projectors.:)

BTW - Going over to WSGF Forum they have alot of mods for each game to over come the stretched FOV you get in some games, that don't natively support eyefintiy of CFX.

9. UrbanSmooth

SoftTH you say?

Been there, done that, too. :D

And you'll see me over at WSGF a lot, too. That's one of the original forums from which I reference my builds.

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Cool, here's one of my old setup's with 3 IPS panels running 3 GTX 580's. :)