1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek: PC is still important to us

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Feb 2011.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

The code that was leaked was pretty much the console build. This makes me curious as to what the PC build will run and handle like.

Crytek get a lot of crap from PC gamer to be honest. The are responsible for pushing many boundaries in terms of gameplay, graphics are technical achievements and all people did was moan about nonsense.
    I find it noble of them to re-assure the fanbase that they are still with the platform.

2. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Why do they refer to the leaked Game like if that's not their own fault?, and on top of that they talk like "see?, this is why we dont do PC anymore" likw if the PC community were guilty for a leaked game they own.

They're just silly

3. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Erm ... did they leak their own code? Did they send round a memo asking their staff to **** them over and release their code?

4. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

What? I 100% disagree. Any gamer who has kept up with PC gaming knows PC gaming is rising again in popularity. I've kept up on PC gaming trends and been one since PC gaming was born. Its had its ups and downs thoughout the years. It took a bad downward spiral when the 360/PS3 released and leveled off until a year or two ago when it started to draw console and new gamers back to it. I've read a ton of comments on PC hardware sites where PC gamers who went console are coming back again and asking about the latest hardware for a new build. The console was just a cheap fling for them but they are ready for quality again. ;)

Even at it's lowest point I still had more than enough quality games to keep me busy. I'm finally working on NWN 1 and that's one of my newer backlog games.

5. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

i sense a conspiracy.. Maybe they leaked it themselves to give them an excuse not to develop for PC anymore...

Or not. Either way l be buying this when it comes out. I say relese it now to curb any damage the leak has caused :p

6. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

So blizzard/activision

based on your theory, blizzard who develops mainly pc games should be dying and activision with their hordes of consoles titles should be on the rise?
    You have seen the local news about Activision right?

7. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

All I can say is I've tried it on a friends PC and it's made me want to buy it even more. If it's as good looking and playable at this stage, I can't wait until it's bug free, polished and had some sexier dx10/11 graphics added.

Who knows if it was leaked by crytek or not. It's certainly worked if it was as I can't wait for my official copy!!

I don't agree with the death of pc gaming. You just have to look at the amount of money steam is making to shut people up. Also look at the brilliant indie games out for the PC. And were getting new games too. Dead space 2, dirt3, dragon age 2, the witcher 2, Crysis 2, fallout games. I could go on, but I won't :)

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

It hasn't been declining, what happened was that consoles obviously haven't increased in computing power and have stagnated for too long. since they have a bigger installed base comapnies have been making games to that graphical level then porting them to PC. A few companies still do right and port interfaces that are meant to work on pc, some don't bother.

Also the cost of producing triple A assets for a PC game are higher than for a multiplatform game due to the higher graphics.

9. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

All sorts of people have been saying that PC gaming is dying / declining / dead since 1990

Guess what?

Still here :D

Pc gaming - a stubborn stain on the carpet of life.

10. Fule

Fule The letter D

Reading some of the replies in the threads related to this shameful episode really gets on my tits.

I came across this rather well written piece this evening, which sums up my feelings quite adequately.

For a fourm which caters to the PC enthusiast market, it's really quite shocking how arrogantly some members purport to conduct themselves. I fail to understand how the arguments that the game has been leaked, "consolified" etc. justify downloading the game.

Maybe I'm just old. By old, of course, I mean mature.

11. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

All you people whining about Crytek's abandoning of the PC platform, which is legitimate on the broader scale of good quality PC only/ported games which are getting more thin on the ground, just appreciate how healthy these guys make our platforms anyway? people talk about big games selling consoles, pc games sell hardware and thats way more expensive and fantastic than a console, put your hand up if u got a e8500, q660, i7 920 and or a 4870/5870, 480/580 gtx equivalent because you looked at a graph which made that one game to rule them all faster? We push the boundaries with our rigs, but we hunger after glossy video games with content to keep us entertained!

12. Kingsley813

Kingsley813 What's a Dremel?

You know what? I've never played Crysis. It's bollocks.

13. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Crytek does seem to get a disproportionate amount of flak for adding consoles to their target platform. There's not too many people moaning about how Portal and Left 4 Dead are available on consoles.

14. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

If bit-tech doesn't ban this pirate they don't have a hair on their a$$!!!!!

15. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

A touch of alcohol and a paragraph containing sentiment and an uplifting battle cry. I couldn't give a crap how near the bone I get on my credit cards, as long as I can witness the latest game with the best graphics using the most intuitive control systems known to man. Long live PCs.

If you've never played it ... actually, nevermind, some things were meant to pass you by.

16. law99

law99 Custom User Title

That's a lot of lol!!!

17. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

LOL dude come on, they're the only responsible for their products and the protection of their own information, no-one else but them. beides you dont need to be the boss to leak something, could be just one of the designers or from the test area.

18. Xyllian

Xyllian What's a Dremel?

I call major bull, treyarch said the same before the blackops release, They even went as fas as saying PC was their primary platform. And we all know how well that turned out. Not well, not well at all.

Tags: Add Tags