Daemon Tools / Alcohol to burn a "cd"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Irvine, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,
    Do you know of any way to use a drive emulator like Daemon tools to mount a fake CD drive that I can burn to? I'd like a quick way to burn some audio files to a "disc" and then re-rip them. (Why? Oh, for no reason :cooldude:) If it's possible, it would a lot easier than using an actual physical CD (and I have no RWs).

Thanks!

2. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

I want to mount a fake drive, burn some files to the invisible cd, and then re-rip them? Are you talking about a .Iso, or just a cd?

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

so, you want to take a file, burn it to a disk or just an emulated drive, only so that you can rip the files again and end up back where you started?
    sure you can do that.

4. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

So ISOs mounted in emulated drives can be written to? I can't find any options (in Daemon tools, at least) that allow me to write to the drive.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

You could use something like magic iso or power iso (or maybe alk 120% I can't remember) and just create an iso. The mount with daemon tools.

Can I just ask why, it seems an awful lot of trouble just to get back where you started...

6. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

I'm trying to get past the Audible DRM which is, as far as I know, uncrackable. Burning a CD through iTunes and then ripping it would bypass it, I should think.
    Checked Alcohol, and there doesn't appear to be a write option to enable.
    Mind you, I'm not trying to put files into an iso and then mount it, I'm trying to pretend there's a blank writable disc in the drive.

Appreciate the help, guys.

7. Jammy_eel

Jammy_eel What's a Dremel?

you can download programs to remove the DRM of the songs. Use programs such as Tunebite but you will have to crack it or use fake key to do the whole song, as the free download do just part of the audio to give a sample.

8. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

w00t! By accident I found just what you're looking for!

In Nero, at least in my version (5.5.10.7), there's a possibility to select "Image recorder" in the selection of your burners. I'm talking about Nero Express. Here's a screenshot: (my version is in Finnish, but you get the point)

[​IMG]

Nero is payware, but it comes bundled with many DVD writers. Also you can download a 15-day trial version from here.