1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Defibrillator for the home

Discussion in 'General' started by Yadda, 3 Oct 2016.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, but they weren't foreign doctors, were they? We don't hold with them anymore here in the UK. :p

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Only the SHO* was foreign. And the cardiologist. And a few of the nurses on the ward...

Coming over here, saving my mother...

:D

* Mum is a retired nurse of over 40 years so I'm picking up some of the jargon.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2016
  3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Two words.

Shower toaster.

Cheapy Cheap.

I'll get my coat.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Ah fair enough, as long as you've had that chat. That's the important bit :)

Because, in my opinion, CPR and resuscitation is horrific. You might come back, but your quality of life afterwards is likely going to be very very different. If an event happens to me that is going to kill me, then so be it. I'm happy to have interventions for lesser stuff.

YMMV. Everybody has a different opinion and it is vital all opinions are listened to and respected. If one of my patients wants a DNACPR/DNR order then I'll do one if we've had a good chat about it. Equally if they want to be for resus that's not a problem.

EDIT: Also Nexxo, it's probably time you left the UK. We don't want your foreign types around here, providing a critical backbone to our services.

5. Nexxo

Thinking about it. After 24 years in the NHS, this morning I actually started looking at psychology posts in Ireland. No kidding.

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I don't think I'd mind being a bit gimped after an event but more than anything else if I had to rely on others to do basic life stuff, well that's not really an option for me.

If you enjoy working in underfunded hospitals, come to Ireland!

Last edited: 6 Oct 2016
  8. Nexxo

Same as working in UK hospitals then. :p

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I doubt it somehow.

It kind of depends, a hospital in somewhere like south Dublin will be decent enough, with a nice campus and quicker access to the various facilities. Go to a hospital in a small town and it will be old and run down with slower access to everything you may need as a patient. That's been my experience anyway.

But we do have the same overworked staff and pissed off junior doctors that are hopping abroad after they qualify, so you should feel right at home :thumb:

10. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

She's a lot better today. She got up at her usual time (no lie-in), sounds much chattier and her energy level seems back up to how it was before the weekend. She's back to her usual self again. :)

It's all down to the restorative powers of the amazing lentil and five-vegetable curried stew I made for her last night, of course. :p

Now, finally my head can stop wobbling and I can think about trivial stuff again. Phew!

Last edited: 6 Oct 2016
  11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I was resuscitated in June, and I do not recommend it. I am definitely doing a DNR for myself. I took weeks to recover, and spending five minutes on the other side is a long time. Don't ask, I'm not telling. but I will not do it again.