1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dell Inspiron Lappy Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aa-chan, 16 Jan 2007.

1. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I've noticed that my screen goes blank every so often. Not black but either blue or white. The laptop is still doing something because I leave it and it just continues as normal. The only way I can get it back is by putting it in and out of standby.

I don't think it's got anything to do with going to sleep because it happens randomly. I've got 512MB RAM but I don't really do anything difficult on it. I browse the web and use Photoshop every so often.

Any ideas?

2. Pointy Burdz

Pointy Burdz What's a Dremel?

pop the long cover near hinge that holds the on/off button, [you can remove this completely by removing the cable attaching this part to the laptop motherboard] , and you should be able to see the screen connector,[usually covered in shielded silver foil ] check this is secure.

had to do this afew times with inspiron 8500 and 8600 models

3. tphilly1984

tphilly1984 What's a Dremel?

my girlfriends old one used to do that, her way of fixing it was to hit it lol! it used to work as well. Then came the electric shocks that we got from it. That was quite funny