Notebooks Dell Outlet Experiences

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oasked, 16 Mar 2010.

1. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Has anyone had any recent experiences with Dell Outlet in the UK?

I ordered a notebook (Inspiron 13z) off them on the 5th of March and apart from the initial automated confirmation email I haven't heard anything (over 10 days ago!). They haven't charged my card either.

Have any Bit-Techers had any previous experience that could help me here? I'm frustrated hearing no news at all and customer services don't deal with Dell Outlet!

Help. :wallbash:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

On different forum that I am part off, they are many people who ordered from Dell Outlet U.S. Basically they get a system they like, and order any parts that is damaged (cosmetic) if it fits their budgets, and at the end, it's like if they had a new laptop, but for much less.

As I am in Canada, Dell doesn't have a real outlet (not managed by Dell - overpriced, really old systems... maybe you have something similar?!) here, so I never been unable to ever try.

The e-mail that you received should have an order number. With that number you can know the status of the order. My guess is that 2 orders came together, and the system either looked at the mili-second to know which one to serve, or picked on random, while the order (yours), is canceled. Canceled orders can also be due to refused credit cards.

When buying online, your credit card is charged only when the product has been shipped to you. Meaning they gave it to the courier company to be delivered at your place. The rest will depend on the speed of the mail delivery company (courier) for the time that it will take to receive the system at your place (ie: typo on the credit card information).

Dell Outlet should have a customer service number. If not, and not one can transfer you to the correct department, not even managers. Then simply type out a well formed, calm, polite e-mail, with your full contact information, order # (if any), with time and date and any information received on that e-mail that you received, and who you talked too from which department and what they said, too Michael Dell (founder of Dell) at: http://consumerist.com/2008/11/email-michael-dell.html

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I've got an Internet Reference number, but no order number as they haven't processed my payment yet. Which means that I can't chase the order using the customer service telephone numbers.

This is very frustrating as I'm in a state of limbo - I may be charged soon, but I don't know when (or if), so I can't order anywhere else.

I've also tried their twitter contact page, as others have had success getting help there but I'm getting no response.

ARGH! Dell suck. :wallbash:

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I told you, contact Dell top level directly