1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell reveals concept systems

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 May 2006.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

At least they're making the effort, especially with the laptops. Dell laptops have been really dull of late. The big case reminds me of some saort of air conditioning duct.. not my thing at all, but at least one of the largest PC manufacturers in the world is pushing designs forwards, and that can only be a good thing.

2. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

having fix several DELL computers I can say the main cause of failiure is the PSU as they put in only just what they can get away with (like 85W psus!). The cases might be nice but it's whats inside that counts.

3. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

They got it all wrong :wallbash: .Front Self Tending doors to cover the bays?I mean wtf it shoulda been a nice back steel grill.And if you plan to get a lcd,controller or something of that sort you gotta let the "blind" open?Even i can come with a better way making the front.

4. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

lol, I can picture you shouting at your monitor whilst looking at the pics.

Hiow many people who buy expesive off the shelf pc's are even going to notice that though, I doubt any of them would even think about opening up the case.

Don't worry mate, we will have all forgotten about this bit of news by the end of the week :p

5. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

The tower case looks pretty sweet, i wouldn't mind owning a system in the case :thumb: The laptop however looks pretty tacky, ditch the skulls and change the colour and it wouldn't look so bad :p

6. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

FIBRE+

Forget that,i dont shout in front of a monitor (unless i am talking on ventrilo and playin wow :D )
    And i got a whole bit of social life going on to not do that.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I must be the only person who doesn't actually like that concept case... :hehe:

Nah, it's not bad, but it's just not for me... :)

8. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

case looks ok

but dell stuff is soooo expensive (especially the XPS range) it probably isnt worth it

9. kempez

kempez modding again!

You have to hand it to Dell for actually bothering to make their high-end stuff a bit more "in". Those cases are pretty nice and I know a couple of people who can't build their own PC's who would be pretty happy with a Dell. Not that I'd let them of course :p

10. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

What's an "aggressive forward leaning design"? It looks like the case isn't rectangular, but a but tilted towards the front. I wonder why...

As for the laptops... yup, just what I want on my laptop... skulls everywhere. Aside from my nitpicking, the paintjob is pretty nice considering the source.

Tags: Add Tags