1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell unveils curved UltraSharp U3415W

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Sep 2014.

1. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

My BENQ XL2410T has multiple display modes so I can use 17", 19" 19"W, 22"W and 16:9 1920x1080 so if I get all nostalgic for my old CRT display sizes I can use one of those displays...actually, the other displays are pointless and I never use them, I don't miss them at all :rolleyes:

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nice try, but according to the steam hw survey 1366 x 768 is used by 25% of gamers and 1920 x 1080 by 32%.

You might recognize those as the standard resolution of all those cheap 15" Laptops and cheap 20 - 24" TN Monitors sold in the last couple years.

So no matter what bit-techs resident troll thinks, those "ultra low" resolutions are still relevant to the wider public.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually they do it especially to annoy you personally. :p

Yours at the centre of my own universe Plasma
    Nexxo

4. Harnser

Harnser What's a Dremel?

Good to see I'm not the only one still using one monitor (Benq 24" 1920x1200).

It needs replacing and I want more screen estate but I've never been a fan of bezels down the middle of a 2-monitor setup or the amount of neck/eye movement needed for large screens (e.g. iMac 27") - especially as my desk isn't deep.

What I have used recently is a laptop positioned centrally below the monitor, and used both screens. This has been brilliant, the angle of the laptop screen makes it like a vertically curved monitor and drag and drop between them works well. I'm not sure why more people don't have a vertically-immersive screen - widescreen must work better for gaming?

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Too much photoshop, and yeah 3 might work. But I would prefer VR or one big posh ultra widescreen.