1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destructable Barracade of the day

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by church^, 11 May 2011.

1. Tuned#Stu

Tuned#Stu Rage Machine

I think Dave has found a few things for you to fix Church :p

2. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

If you need help fixing anything and/or optimising, give me a buzz. I'd love to help.

3. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

Ah its ppl like Dave that drive devs to distraction, I'd be putting things in to see if he could find them but then I'm evil

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

4. church^

church^ What's a Dremel?

thanks very much for all that dave it will all be fixed for the next release as for the prop shadowing try build_cubemaps in console. As for the mirror not showing yourself, well that a restriction for the source engine but to you it will render other players so if someones hiding behind the door you will see them they will see you but not see yourself s

Last edited: 19 Sep 2011
  5. church^

church^ What's a Dremel?

btw is anyone having any problems with optimization does everything run ok in a ll areas of the map?

6. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Okay, I just gave this a quick go. I like the layout a lot, the some of the lighting is quite nice.

A few things though:
    Some of the textures seem very stretched. Don't worry about them repeating too much; stay away from the "fit" button on the texture application tool like it's the plague.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This catwalk looks a bit odd. Try adding a frame to it around the edges. (should be about 8 units wide) [​IMG]
    It also looks like you have a/some leak/leaks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some of the visleaves are split quite weirdly. Use as few brushes as you can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anything those red boxes can see gets rendered; try using hint brushes .
    Area portals would help too, a lot of stuff is being rendered here when it's quite far away.
    [​IMG]

I opened the console, there are quite a few errors
    Code:
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/WALL/BRICK_WALL_29.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/wall/brick_wall_29_-333_238_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/WALL/BRICK_WALL_29.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/wall/brick_wall_29_-732_257_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/wall/brick_wall_29_-1301_146_86" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/METAL/METAL_10.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_10_-732_257_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/METAL/METAL_10.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_10_-333_238_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_10_-316_-194_77" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/METAL/METAL_09.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-732_257_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/REALWORLDTEXTURES2/METAL/METAL_09.vmt)
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-316_-194_77" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-333_238_106" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-1306_581_24" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_10_-216_480_192" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_10_-633_558_37" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-633_558_37" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/metal/metal_09_-216_480_192" uses unknown shader "patch"
    Error: Material "maps/cs_cpccompound_v2/realworldtextures2/wall/brick_wall_29_-706_1144_-45" uses unknown shader "patch"
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow031b
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/cattails.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/cattails.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_dust/du_telephone_pole.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_dust/du_telephone_pole.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/ivy_01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/ivy_01.mdl)
    Executing listen server config file
    Attempted to create unknown entity type info_ladder!
    Can't init info_ladder
    e
    That's all I can really do without the vmf (or compile log), a great guide to optimisation, which includes how to use Area Portals and hint brushes is this.

Also, with the fog, make sure it's the same colour as the skybox. (blueish black)

7. church^

church^ What's a Dremel?

its not a leak its a area portal problem and its been fixed the errors your seeing i will rectify be just turning off the collision mesh for each model those textures in ct spawn were meant to be just place holders Ive already fixed those aswell

******FIXED******
    everything you mentioned

Last edited: 19 Sep 2011
  8. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?