1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Diagnosis – Purchase Justification Syndrome

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Nov 2009.

1. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i think a lot of people stick with what they first came across. i had a ps1, so it was a no brainer to get a ps2, and when the new consoles came out (i don't have one (yet)), my instict was ps3.

i love how the milk/cereal thing is the most commented on point in this thread btw! lol.

how can you properly ascertain how much cereal you have if you put the milk in first - most cereals will float to start with.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Milk First??

WHAT??!!?

Anyways, I bought an X1550 thinking that it would be decent seeing as the X1900XT was effing awesome. Bad choice.

Anyways, I'm still inclined towards ATi for some reason. So sometimes I do try to justify it, but thankfully I don't buy too many computer components.

3. littlexanth

littlexanth Saving for a Dremel

Milk first or second? Who has milk on their cereal.

I have chmpagne on my Golden Grahams!

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not all of us are that rich.

I also find it odd how such a wealthy man can't spell champagne.

5. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Moar liek chumpagne, amirite?

I'll get my coat.

Anyway I'm glad to see nobody else here thinks that milk should precede cereal. Or that Purchase Justification Syndrome is more important than the aforementioned milk/cereal issue.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i don't think mw2 is a good example as it was obvious to pc gamers that the game would take them for idiots. I don't have to try it to know that I don't want to lag and bla bla bla (we all had an endless discussion on this matter in like what, 10 other threads ?)

7. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I've never heard of putting the milk in the bowl before the cereal. That sounds absurd.

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I tried putting the milk in first this morning. It was a disaster. Cheerios everywhere.

alpaca likes this.
  9. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i applaud the empirical research happening here. have some rep

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Every single advert I've seen on the telly puts milk on cereal.

It's akin to those weirdo freak people who put milk in first when making a cuppa. It's not rocket science - milk goes in last. Sheesh.

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Actually, I was under the impression that we only started putting milk in tea when using bone china. The milk goes in first, so that when you pour the hot tea in, it doesn't crack the cup.

12. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Milk always in first to tea, else a skin forms. To do otherwise is just so uncivilised!

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Nah, milk in last. I've not noticed a skin forming!

Pop the teabag in, pour boiling water on so that the full flavour of the tea is released into the water, stir the teabag round a bit and push it against the side with the spoon, sugar for flavour, take the teabag out then add milk and stir. Perfect.

Mind, it's too much faffing about all that, so I just have instant coffee personally. The trick is to start off with the coffee and sugar but to let the boiling water simmer down. NEVER use boiling water as it kills the taste and ends up tasting of hot brown water. Give it about ten or fifteen seconds after it's clicked/whistled/farted whatever, then pour in the water just above where you think you need to stop, as it sort of 'settles down' into the cup (yeah, weird I know, but hey, suddenly physics and all that). Lastly, add your milk. Unless you take it black, then add a smidge of cold, filtered water.

Imo :)

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Kinda makes me think of those losers that make a cup of tea, and leave the tea bag in with the milk. WTF?

15. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Laughing... Question Time would be more popular if it came up with a Milk in first opening gambit .. So Nick Griffin...Milk in first in your Coco pops .. (rolls eyes) ....

16. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

I dont eat cereal so cant really comment in that area.

Milk in Tea\Coffee that depends on the situation. If I'm making it for the wife always in first as thats the only way I can judge the strength. She takes it very week and gets annoyed if its to strong. I must admit over the 15 years we have been married I have mannaged to increase the said strength gradually to occasionally I have managed to forgo the said routine and by guestemation managed to create a acceptable cuppa for the wife.

Personally I'm not bothered either way.

Instant coffee its usually coffee,milk and sugar give it a mix then the water.

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

lmao at the thread drift :lol: :D

Tags: Add Tags