1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dying Light

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by notmeagain, 16 Aug 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I can now do a sneak attack but have not got a clue how to. Anyone help me out here?

Edit: I did not have that skill I do now and you press F when behind a zombie.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2015
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just found another one of those big demolisher zombies. Pretty easy.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Looks pretty fun!

5. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

My biggest regret about playing this was not finishing Dead Island first.

When I go back to finishing that all I'm going to be thinking of is dying light ........ :(

Having said that Dyling light has been the most fun I've had in a game in a good while. ;)

Even if things do seem to go off the rails towards the end

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am enjoying it though it does have it's faults. But I am astounded that a game can be such a copy of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. It is proving to be a good time waster between bouts of alien Isolation which I just cannot get into and are having to force myself to finish.

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Pretty sweet going to check it out later.

Full rift support.

Open notepad, locate 'video.scr' from your user settings folder, user/my documents/dying light/
    Add 'OculusEnabled()' to the bottom of that list. Save.
    Start the game, when in game, go to video options (easier to read in game)
    Turn OFF Blur, HBAO and DOF, save.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Started playing this co-op with a friend on the PS4 and so far it is a right blast. Only level 6 or something but already survived a night by dropping out of a safe zone, wacking some zombies and jumping back in again. Tried taking on a volatile but lost badly.

One hilarious highlight was the rush back to the safe zone at night after finding the second airdrop (mission based). My friend called out "watch out for the big hammer dude" only for me to see (slo mo style) a hammer slamming into me (He obviously swung, missed my friend and hit me instead - couldn't have timed it "better" if I had tried!).

Still struggling a bit with R1 being jump. It works fine from a mechanic point of view but 500+ hours of Destiny & timing precision jumps with "A" / "X" has atuned me to jump being on the face buttons.

I have hurt myself more to fall damage than zombie attacks..

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The hammer dudes can be a right pain particularly in confined spaces. I found the weapons pretty crap for quite a long time but if your lock picking skills are up to it have a look at police vans. As for volatiles they are really annoying as even with decent weapons tyey are hard buggers to kill.

10. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

I think I will have to get this game as you lot have made it sound quite fun

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am almost at the end of what has been fun even with it's imperfections and came across this wee dead rat which I thought was very sad. lol.

[​IMG]

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I know, right! I get why they use it, but it takes a bit to remember every time we play. Then I play Destiny/CoD/Titanfall and I'm throwing grenades & stuff and stabbing at team-mates... Oops.

Not sure if Twitch video embeds here, I doubt it, but this was our first encounter with a Screamer... I had to do it! :hehe: (warning, my friend is a very loud American, so you won't want the volume all the way up when he starts shouting!)

http://www.twitch.tv/squiiddish/v/3841043

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Why was he shouting?
    As for the Screamers, first time I met one I had not got a clue what was happening, Fortunately I was right on top of it and press F came up which I did and I broke it's neck.

14. Hex

He's American... The link to the video is in the post ;)

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

LOl, I saw the video and just wondered why he was screaming/shouting.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Ending, good and bad but I won't spoil it by going into details.

Here's a weird thing I get a mild sense of vertigo when up high in game which is a new sensation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  17. Hex

He's American... from what I gather, it's just something they all do. The American girls I've been in chats with all tend to squeal and scream too...
    We should be streaming the end of it tonight, assuming the Museum is close to the end (70% completion).

Dying Light is right up there with HL2 for giving people (who've never had it before) motion sickness. The tutorial made me go and throw up & have a lie down before I could continue and I just can't climb anywhere high or the constant swaying makes my eyes hurt. I've fiddled with FoV and all the settings and it's not as bad now, but it still makes me feel ill every now & then.

I only got motion sickness from HL2 before. No other games do it and I don't get motion sickness in cars or anything IRL.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Very weirdly it is not an unpleasant sensation and it only happened when really high. As I said the ending has good and bad bits. Be prepared to die a lot not because the zombies kill you but because you do not have a lot of time to figure out what to do next or where to go. And all falls kill.

19. Hex

It's pretty horrible for me, I don't enjoy the blinding headaches and vomit :(

I gave up on the ending sadly, not long after it stops being co-op. I just quit the game and watched my friend stream the last little disappointing bit :blah: A shame the ending is so poo cos I really did enjoy the rest of the game.

20. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

So yeah, this is pretty much all manner of wicked cool fun.

Downside, I've dropped around 10 hours on it already and I've not progressed the story much.
    We're doing it in co-op and murdering all of the zombies is getting in the way :D