1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Eagle Libraries...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by H2O-G33K, 22 May 2006.

1. H2O-G33K

H2O-G33K What's a Dremel?

Hi all - long time no post! I've been looking into building some more elctronics goodies and have been thinking about getting some decent boards produced. As a result, I need some schematics drawn up and I've started using Eagle from Cadsoft. The only problem is that finding libraries for the components I want to include (a PIC18F2455) is easier said than done. I'd rather not spend hours entering it manually (and probably incorrectly) if I can possibly avoid it too!

So does anyone know of any decent sources where I might find additional / more recent libraries for Eagle... either that or any recommendations of improved PCB schematic capture / PCB layout software?

I'd be very grateful to hear your suggestions :)

2. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

theres the cadsoft download page linkage

Other than that its not too hard to make a chip that you need, you can probably nick the package from another library and then just make the symbol.

Moriquendi

3. H2O-G33K

Exellent that's exactly what I was looking for - they even have the 18F2455 I wanted to use. Thanks Moriquendi! :)

4. Moriquendi

No problem, might be a good idea to have a quick check against the datasheet, 'twould really suck to make a pcb then fry something because someone else was lazy.

How do you intend to get at the PIC from the PC? (i'm assuming your useing the PIC18F2455 because it has USB) I can program PIC's but when it comes to doing any kind of codeing on the PC i'm screwed.

Moriquendi

5. H2O-G33K

I'm a computer systems engineer by trade, but I must admit I've not had a go at much USB based stuff (yet :)). I've found a rather promising library that I'm hoping will take a lot of the pain out of that section of the development!

6. svarog989

svarog989 What's a Dremel?

PLS HELP ME

Look I know this might sound dumb, but I couldn't find any AC current generator or source or whatever. I found some DCs - batteries. But I sorely need to be instructed how to find a AC source since I have to do some homework implementing AC signal amplifier. Im really a newb in this program, but I cant believe that there are no such crucial elements in the libraries of such a program as EAGLE. Pls Help!:confused::sigh:

7. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli I get by fine with a jig-saw.

Um... The wall socket is a pretty good AC source... electrical safety might be pretty important though...

Although you raised this thread from the dead... Let it die...

8. svarog989

ooh...

srry about the dying thread... And those WALL SOCKETS?? Is that all that I should type in the search query?

9. Moriquendi

There are no Eagle components for AC sources because it isn't primarily a schematic editor it's a PCB layout tool. There's no such thing as an AC source component, that symbol is used as a short cut. Normally it's used to show an input from a mains source (but mostly at low voltage having been through a transformer), however it can also be used to represent any signal that has a significant AC component.

If what you need to submit is a schematic then make yourself an AC source symbol linked to any two pin package and put it in your Eagle schematic.

Moriquendi

10. svarog989

Well actually its not just schematic that I need... I have to display some performances of the amplifier, diagrams perhaps. And im sooo f**cking novice about this progrram that i didnt quite understand what you were trying to tell me.... GOD.... What would you place as an AC component if you were me? Sorry for bothering but im desperate.

11. Moriquendi

The point I'm making is that there IS no AC source component because it's a shorthand that covers a whole load of different things. Because Eagle is a PCB layout tool each component comprises a symbol and a package, the symbol goes in the schematic editor which automatically places it in the board editor too so that when you connect the schematic with nets the connections show up in the board editor for you to route with traces.

Also, eagle wont analyse a circuit for you so if you just need to produce a schematic you're probably better off with a pencil and paper. Eagle is not easy to use to begin with, it takes a long time to get your head round the strange way it works, if you're in a hurry you'll be better off doing it another way.

Moriquendi