1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Equalizer software (Audio)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Smilodon, 10 Jan 2010.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I'm looking for a good graphic equalizer for my computer. I need it to have as many bands as possible. It'll mainly be used to get rid of some horrible resonance i have in the 120hz area.

It have to be able to run in the background, and to handle all outputs from the computer (WMP, media player, games and so on). I would really like it to be free as well if that's possible.

I tried google, but searching for free software is like looking for gold in a septic tank full of poo and mines... :duh:

Any help appreciated! :)

edit: I'm currently running creatives solution, but that only have a 10 band equalizer.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2010
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

the best equalizers are the one that changes the sound at a hardware level... so the once of your Creative will be the best, as I believe it's communicated with the hardware. The standard software ones are like the one in your multimedia software (Winamp, iTunes, WMP, etc...), which alter artificially the sound by modifying the analyzed sound itself.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

There have to be a software layer between media players and the hardware, right?

It will basically the windows volume control, but just for the separate frequencies. The problem with the software that came with my sound card is that it's way to few bands on it.