1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think it does yes.

2. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

debating where to get this game from... part of me thinks get it from a local retailer day of launch so i can get it at 9am.. i've managed to get the day off for the launch...i normally get it from steam but the last few games i got excited about the Unlock was like 6PM uk time so i dont want to end up buying the game then my entire day off waiting for the dam thing to unlock.. I found it £29.99 online for digital.. I could get it from Amazon but i'd be waiting for delivery and that could not be till later on in the day! what to do what to do lol!

3. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

You could just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition on Steam next year at knockdown prices.
    That's what i'll be doing anyway. Another advantage being that Bethesda should have worked out the gamebreaking bugs by then.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Fallout game? Wait? A year?

Are you mad?

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

lol :thumb:

6. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

• Pay £40 for a game that, albeit probably pretty good, will also probably be pretty broken in places.
    • Pay <£30 for a game that has been fixed, with every piece of expansion content.

I know what i'll be doing.

As I said on the same topic on Reddit, anybody who buys a AAA game on release day is a bit of a mug. But then, we need mugs to buy the game in droves and justify the GOTY edition in the first place.
    So really, I should thank every one of you who will buy it on release! :thumb:

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Any one else get a free Bobble head in the post?

I forgot that you get it free for pre ordering from Game. Quite pleasantly surprised (mine is Charisma)

I won't be buying the GOTY as I'm going to go for the season ticket thing.

If seven years wasn't already long enough for you then you're either a Buddhist monk or you don't like Fallout.

8. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I will be buying it day of launch BUGS and all!, fallout is a series i've loved since the very 1st game, part of me wish's they would do a old style game, i played wasteland 2 but i prefered the Fallout humour.

I not ordered my copy get, I've got Prime but the last 4 games i had from amazon didn't turn up till 8pm, I may see what steam says the day Before for the COUNT down, if its a Midnight steam launch i'll get steam n just Download it while i sleep n walk the dog, IF it happens to be a silly 6pm launch i'll run to game 1st thing and then walk dog while it installs.

annoying as i've been forced to take this week off on holiday and i wanted next week ! oh well in jan i'm off for 3 weeks n i'll hammer fallout 4 then.. But between now n jan their are allot more games i plan to get... Justcause Rollercoaster tycoon, Assassins creed .... >_<

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I loved Fallout 3 but I can certainly wait for early bugs to be sorted before I buy Fallout 4 and it will be buggy.

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Waited 7 years, what's 1 more?

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Insanity is what it is.

Insanity I tell you.

Just not right and proper :(

12. Vault-Tec

I'm really not terribly worried. The game is based on the Skyrim engine, and, pretty much works in the same way Skyrim does only with newer shinier textures.

Bethesda had the game ready and 100% complete when they showed it at E3 this past summer, so they have had plenty of time to get it right. I compare FO4 to a Valve game really, they kept it under wraps until it was finished and ready for release.

The only major bug Fallout New Vegas had was the companion bug. IE you could get 20 hours into your game and it break and you had to start again (Xbox 360 version only). Luckily for me I had not used a companion because in Fallout 3 they basically killed things and you got no XP for it so I'd rather do it myself. I did chuckle a little when I found out later that they had changed that in New Vegas and you did get XP when your companion made a kill :)

But yeah I'm not terribly worried.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had many a bug in Fallout 3 and to be honest every Bethesda game. But they are no different from any other developer where pressure from the suites means games are released long before they are ready which is why we quite often get a large patch on launch date.

I used to buy games early or at launch date but got sick of searching Google for workarounds while waiting on patches.

14. Vault-Tec

They are different though. Bethesda is the developer, publisher and creator of the game. Well, their owner company Zenimax is but this is why they differ from EA and so on. They have full control over what they do and no one to tell them what to do or demand that they rush things.

That's why it's taken seven years. Trust me, Todd Howard is fully in control. He has funny quirks (like only releasing Fallout games in the American fall).

This is also why Fallout games are so spectacular, because of the time they are in dev is all content.

Fallout 3 was rushed and released completely broken. Completely broken because it was incomplete and if you followed the main quest and finished it you could not get back into the game. Only the DLC "Broken Steel" (ironic) fixed it.

Fallout 4 though? seven years. If they couldn't get it right in seven years then I pity them.

Here is what I got from Game today for pre ordering the Pip Boy Edition.

[​IMG]

And the back.

[​IMG]

Inside.

[​IMG]

And the disclaimers, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside because only Bethesda nail humour like this.

[​IMG]

And off to the collection cabinet he goes :D

Last edited: 4 Nov 2015
  15. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Picture of the cabinet or it didn't happen:naughty:

16. Vault-Tec

hehe :D

[​IMG]

Is one of my many hidey holes that my lady isn't too happy about. In all I probably own around 500 original PC games. Anything before they went into Amarays though (the creator of the DVD case) has been unboxed and put into a folder that holds around 500 discs. I also keep gaming headsets and peripherals in that one.

I've got pretty much every Sega PC release going all the way back to Daytona and Sega Rally etc. Every Half Life ever made too. I used to have a Doom 3 Linux steel box set that was quite scarce. Sadly I seem to have lost it in the translation of moving house about eight times over the past decade :(

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Quite a collection! although please burn duke nukem forever!

18. Vault-Tec

I absolutely loved it. So much so that I bought the regular edition at launch, then bought the Balls of Steel pack later. I dunno man, hard to put my finger on really but I just thought it was charming and a great old skool romp with real big bad mean bosses.

I bought Fallout 3 a few times too. First I bought the PS3 lunchbox edition because it was £34 compared to £160 for the PC version. Then I bought the PC version to go in it, then I bought the GOTY version to replace it and I also bought the Brotherhood of Steel ltd pack too for the figurine which included the PS3 version.

I also bought the New Vegas box set, then again bought the GOTY version at a later date.

I like buying physical copies of games :) I've got GTA : Vice City, GTAIV and GTAV too :D

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wait...how come all the screens ive seen have looked utter ****? are those the ones being banded around by the fallout console casuals?