1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress FOX | RedManc

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by RedManc, 28 Jun 2012.

1. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

I don't know who you are. I do know what you want. You are looking for an update, I can tell you I don't have any right now. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a treat for people like you. If you have a little patience now, there will be an update soon. But if you don't, you will tear you hair out, you will have sleepless nights, and you will probably spiral into a deep and dark depression.

.... in other words an update is hopefully coming soon!

2. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

3. elAwesome

elAwesome What's a Dremel?

Now that's a great idea for a pc mod :D
    Definately subscribed ;)

4. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

5. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

So this is my visor mould made using plaster of paris strips.

[​IMG]

The reason why there is no video of the forming process is that it just didn't work!

[​IMG]

But look what you can do when you just use your hands (and an industrial oven)

[​IMG]

I think I might have cracked it, at least I enjoyed making the vacuum machine even if it didn't work.

6. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

aw that sucks that it didn't work :( was there just not enough force?

7. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

I had two holders for the acrylic, the first one I tried was too small and didn't cover past the platen enough. because of the thickness of the acrylic it didn't cover the mould well enough to touch the board.

the second holder would have been perfect provided I could fit it into the oven, but in November we bought a new oven and this new one has rails inside it which cannot be removed unlike the original one which I took measurements of!