1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Fractal Design Arc Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 31 May 2011.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Still has the hideous "FRACTAL" stamped on the fascia though.

2. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

I done the same a couple of months ago... and just to cheer you up a little, QuitePC listing for the Arc says, "due late July". Yet again its been put back.

And to be honest I'm thinking of giving this a miss altogether now and buy another R3, but in white :)

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

£75 :clap::rock:
    nice exterior :clap:
    plenty of hdd space :clap::rock:
    decent internals with better spacing behind & above mobo tray & good wire management :clap:
    same old lay out of hdd's giving warm air to components is something I don't like with most cases so :nono::lol:
    Fair review :clap::rock:.
    Too many smilies from me :clap::hehe:

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

now why cant they combine this with the r3..i might then possible give mild consideration to replace my p182.

5. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

How do you mean?
    The R3 is pretty perfect for silence as it is, the ARC doesn't bring anything in terms of functionality aside from USB3.

6. e.karl24

e.karl24 What's a Dremel?

Looks like a fantastic case to me. I don't mind the plastic front too much if it keeps the price down and Fractal fans seem decent which is a bonus as stock fans aren't always the greatest. Should be lovely for tidy build and the USB 3.0 cable for the motherboard header is a nice addition, as is the included fan controller (not listed under extras by the way but is of course mentioned in the review) which should help offset having louder fans than the Define series. Temps aren't bad at stock at all so dialling them down a bit should still result in decent cooling for a mid range build.

I'm looking at the Arc Mini more so though for an matx build - would hope it follows in its big brother's footsteps :)

7. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?

I got all excited when I read "Dimensions (mm) 230 x 460 x 515mm (W x D x H)"
    Finally, a really decent ATX case that I could fit on a particular shelf next to my desk without it protruding!

...Then I realized it's a typo - it should read "Dimensions (mm) 230 x 460 x 515mm (W x H x D)

8. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

Lian-Li X series ?
    Maybe way out of budget though :(

9. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

Window Panel anyone...

No release date as yet... but atleast they are finally making it!!

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags