1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Fractal Design Define R3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 29 Oct 2010.

1. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

I can only assume that the white finish costs more. It can be quite difficult to get a nice consistent white colour - just look at apple and the problems they are having with the white iPhone 4

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Turn around the PSU, let it do what it was designed to do, such in Air from within the case and exhaust it out the back.
    ATX-design had it's reasons, sheesh.

Does the intake Fan have filters?
    Do you have a picture with the door open (how are the hinges?)
    Do you have a picture from the top? (which is what most people look at all the time)

3. lyzis

lyzis What's a Dremel?

4. Xir

Xir Modder

5. VarnaBG

VarnaBG What's a Dremel?

I really like this case and due to space considerations it's a lot more useful for me than the haf x which won't fit under my desk but I was wondering what would be the actual test results if the used graphics card is open ended like 560 ti rather than the closed radeon 6950 which exhausts the air out the back of the case rather than into the case. Perhaps the 560 is quieter and colder when it’s on idle or not fully loaded and I like it more than the radeon but which card is more suitable for quiet system with the R3. I would like to have some comparison between noise and temps of the two cards when they are used in the default R3 case.

6. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I just ordered this case. I also happen to have two spare 120mm fans. Where would you guys suggest I fit them to be the quietest? I was thinking that for the best cooling, the obvious option is one in the front and one on the top. But I am concerned that the one on the top would be noisy. Not sure what else I could do. Maybe have one in the side panel as an exhaust? And then set the PC up to the left of my desk so it exhausts away from me?

7. rogerrabbits

Case arrived today, I rly need your advice! Shall I just give it a shot with the two fans that come as standard? And if that's no good, where shall I put my two extra fans to be the quietest?

8. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Try it out. See what works best for you. That's the only way it is with noise tbh. It's a very subjective matter.

9. rogerrabbits

Ok thanks, I just installed it all with just the two fans as standard and it's actually very cool already. So I think I'll just leave it as it is. I'll keep an eye on it over the summer and if it gets too hot I'll just put another fan in the front and one in the left side, and then I'll sit on the right side. But judging by my temperatures, I probably won't need to do that!

Nice case!

Tags: Add Tags