Windows Fresh copy of windows xp. How to update

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by antec900, 22 Apr 2015.

1. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Hello,

It os very important that I get windows xp up and running. But did not realise you could no longer use windows update. I need to know if there is a really simple program that will download and easily install the updates Up to the support cut off date. I used a program called udc but found it to confusing. I thought this would be simple haha.

Hope you can help guide me through a simple process.

Thank you.

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I wouldn't suggest running XP for anything other than historical reason... like legacy software that will not run on current version of Windows as a standalone (no internet connection). Anyway... you can get it all in one go by grabbing the unofficial SP4 roll up which should contain everything released post SP3 to the support cut off, or just find an ISO to download with everything up to support cut off slipstreamed in and you don't have to do a thing after installing.

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You need the 9.21 version of WSUS Offline updater Tool ;) Extract it all then run the updategenerator.exe. Go to the legacy products tab and tick english under XP. Then tick the box if you want to to create an ISO to burn to disc or tick the box to have it copy it to a folder (like a USB stick). Then just let it run.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2015
    yodasarmpit likes this.