1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Geekbench scores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 14 Dec 2011.

1. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Well intelburn hit 73C, so I manually ramped the fans on the frio to max and opened the balcony door. That dropped it down to about 62C.
    If you look in the screen shot my idle temps are low twenties to high teens, but that is only when fans at max and I have 0c air blowing in from outside!
    I am gonna wait til I fit the gentle typhoon to the frio tomorrow before I try for 5GHz

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Just gave 5ghz a stab on my FX8120. It really doesn't like that speed. On the flip side; I've managed to get 4.7 nice and stable, as well as cool. Hello 43 degree Load temps.

I think i'm going to have to push more than +0.4V to be able to push 5ghz, however. I'd rather not nuke my processor and VRMs for that.

3. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Says the person who is trying to justify spending a sh|tload of cash on SB-E.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

P!ssing contests aside, poor single thread performance is why Bulldozer tanked. So it's hardly pointless.

5. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

if i had the money i'd buy 'WOPR'

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So you can play Global Thermo-nuclear War, or Noughts & Crosses (tic-tac-toe for our American brethren)?

7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Ok decided to join the fun Just got 10935 @4.3GHz on my 1100T

8. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

New to the forum by the way but heres my score,

[​IMG]

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I don't need to justify it. I need as fast a machine as possible for running heavily threaded apps, and something that can encode as fast as possible, but also be a gaming machine (thus negating the use of Quadro cards). How this performs with a single threaded application is of no interest to me. The gains in encoding HD video over my X58 system are astounding. Even if I had no use for this machine, I'd have still bought it and felt no need to justify it. It's my money, not yours.

What exactly is the cause of your attitude anyway? Your only contribution to this thread has been,

"I guess all the guys who bought SB-E need a new benchmark to flaunt their epeen."

That all you came here to say? If so... thanks... close the door on your way out. Anyone would think you were jealous. Plus.. it wasn't a SB-E owner that started this thread, and out of all the people who are CONTRIBUTING to it, only 2 are SB-E owners, so wtf you on about?

However....

[​IMG]

Still rocks in a single threaded bench.

That will annoy .//TuNdRa.. he no longer has the fastest AMD in here. :)

Last edited: 18 Dec 2011
  10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Totally agree - would love to see some friendly benching/overclocking competition here, and Blogins and myself already started a little of it in his 460 thread. I post all my benching stuff on XS because that's the stuff these folks thrive on, whereas most of the guys here are gamers/modders and OCing/benching is a means to and end.

Very nice SPi run - 5GHz by the looks of it? Out of curiosity, what's your highest boot frequency with the 3960X? Can you top 5214 MHz? :D

11. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 19 Dec 2011
  12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Yeah, this place has changed a great deal. It used to be more like XS, but time they are a changing. Even the modding aspect of this site sucks these days.

I've had this boot at 5.4GHz with 1.49V, but the H100 just isn't up to the job I'll get some validated figs up as soon as I can.
    4.7 is a sweet spot for this chip. Low volts, low temps, and uber stable. I reckon if I grew my balls a bit I could get it to boot into Windows at 5.6, but I'd be over 1.5v then. When I've recovered from Xmas, I'll get some decent watercooling and have a go.
    Cant read that... too small :(

13. bulldogjeff

The 460 thread has been great, lots of good info in there. I can hold my own in that aswell. Getting a bit battered in here with some thing mainly CPU orientated though..lol

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Bugger, I picked a fight I can't win LOL

One thing SB chips do well is high freq and low volts...there's a guy at XS who has a 3930K which does 4.5GHz Prime Stable (12 threads) with 1.208v and 57C max :eeek:

I'll see what I can do as I have very good memory and the IMC in your 990X looks to be extremely good. X58 is tricky where memory is concerned - there are sweetspots for the uncore ratio and sometimes clocking down gives higher performance. Does look like 20K is off the agenda tho... :waah:

15. bulldogjeff

Just spotted this...lol I might crank up the volts tomorrow see if I can hit 4.5 just for one glory run

16. bulldogjeff

Just had a go @4.5GHz can't get stable. I'll need to play about with all the voltages I think. But @4.4Ghz I can get 11301.

Oh well at least I'm top of the AMD tree for a while till some one comes along and kicks me off my perch.

17. .//TuNdRa

I need 1600mhz Memory to really kick you out of your spot.

I still think I can get this thing booting at 5ghz+, I'm just a little cautious about pumping that much voltage through it. The Archon is a Behemoth of a cooler, but i'd still be pushing my luck for it to keep things in check.

At some point: I should compare the results as to what happens if I kill half of each Bulldozer Module. It should, in theory, give me better performance in some tasks, as the FP Unit won't be fought over, but I 'unno. Still surprised me when I booted up after the Bios update with only four cores showing. I was wondering if something hadn't gone horribly wrong with me using the F6e bios.

Just 606 points seperate me and Jeff. I'd get another 1200~ from 1600mhz. God dammit.

Interestingly; If I bench it with my current setup; my score is lower. I might have to try cranking up the FSB so I can run with higher HT links. Seems to make a fair bit of difference.

18. bulldogjeff

Apart from the CPU our systems are pretty similar same mobo but I've got 8Gb of 1600MHz XMS3 ram. With the amount of cooling at my disposal, I reckon I could shove a BD chip beyond 5 GHz. Thing is we all need the 64bit program to be getting true results.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have my HTT set at 220. I always try to go as far as I can with the HTT and then find a balance with the multiplier, it gives better overall performance.

19. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Just can't catch it...
    [​IMG]

I've got some multiplier droop at 4.6+ though, I'm "only" getting 4.889GHz instead of the full 4.9GHz(multiplier drops from x100 to x99.8:sigh:), at least that's what I'm going to tell myself until I can afford a SB-E or IB-E rig.

20. .//TuNdRa

This is infuriating. The few times I manage to get this thing to boot at 5Ghz+ and bench it; the damn automated thermal cutout kicks in and limits me to 3ghz. (Even though I've disabled that crap.)

Then I get the usual host of windows errors that are making me keep the windows install disk in the drive. I might just give up for a while. (Can't boot due to corrupt file. Have to use Bootrec /fixboot to sort it from the windows DVD.)

For reference: The rated Cooling of this CPU cooler is about the same as the Frio's in this scenario, 210~ watts. Plus sub-zero air from outside and the Raven's hilariously powerful AP fans: I'm set for OCing.

I should totally take a picture of the Archon. It's MASSIVE.

What the hell. I'm tired and I want something to brag about besides Bulldozer's crappy performance. Say hello to the biggest CPU heatsink evar.