Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I'm pretty sure you don't get 6 aa missiles. It's two aa or 6 infantry etc ones.

2. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Does anyone know what the ceiling height is for these new maps? Would be good if you could come down on top of the C130.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

No you don't. You get either 6 x Standard rocket, 2 x Anti-air, 1 x Guided Rocket. Not sure yet about the Airburst, I only just unlocked them in the last round I played last night, so never got to fire them.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

There's already a huge blind spot on the 4/5 o'clock of the Spectre. Just nail it from there with rockets/guns. :)

5. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Was aware of that one on the C130, does work well. I was more interested in a greater ceiling height. would be good to be able to sit high, pick your target and prepare for a strafing run.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yes please! hate unlocking all those attachments for guns, such a grind.

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I believe it to be quite high as you can now have dogfights plus you can go into the clouds. It truly does feel like they've pushed the boat out on these maps.

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Not sure if being sarcastic. But this is how I feel they should make online games just like back in the days of Battlefield 1942. You had access to all the weapons and whatever else. Nobody had an advantage other another person other than skill. And back in those days you never saw cheaters, stat padders and the rest of the crack-heads as what would they gain from stat padding. There were a scoreboard at the end of every round and then the new game began and your stats erased!

People played for fun not to show off their e-penis and K/D!!!!

9. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

C130 has guns on top of it for aa defense and can be accessed by pressing 2.

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'm personally with Dwarfer on this one, as much as it pains me to say it, stats are the bane of my life but I can't bring myself to let them slide.. :(

IN OTHER NEWS: I just remembered I got a hilarious kill on Deadbolt with the Rocket Artillery last night by firing all my rockets randomly in to one place and destroying him in his vechile out of pure luck.. :)

11. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Have you used them. They're pretty hopeless.

12. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

The ceiling is 2000 before you stall. Turn at 1900. Its good fun to get rocket pods and unleash about 5 vollies before ur near the bottom again lol. You could get more if you did a diagonal dive as you don't descend so quickly but i keep forgetting :)

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I totally agree - we have paid for it, so we should have it. It's why I like Arma 2 - nothing like that to deal with!

They are not going to stop doing it though because people buy the unlocks - like me for example! I unlocked the PC weapons as I spent over 100 hours getting them all on the 360 version - can't be arsed to do it twice! I wasn't going to play AK without a Javelin and it really is a grind unlocking everything the usual way.

So, in a way I am helping to prolong the DLC/Unlocking thing.

I feel dirty.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2012
  14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

not being sarcastic. i hate unlocking stuff like in BF3. stats are not so bad because they don't affect me, but why the **** do i have to get # kills with a crap gun to unlock a better gun? why not let me choose which gun i want to use?

those assignments takes all the fun out of the game.

15. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Ive experienced this, some smart ***** placed himself there in a tank and just blew the gunship to bits and i couldnt even get near him :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I think you guys are overreacting... The guns are pretty balanced in bf3. I mean every gun excells at a certain thing or is average at everything. The whole unlocking stuff just keeps people playing imho.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree, I like unlocking stuff! Getting a new gun/attachment is exciting and encourages me to try different playstyles.

Might be annoying to users that don't play much, but then again, if you don't play much, you probably shouldn't care much.

18. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

To be honest even the very first weapons are good for kills. Maybe you not that good?

I do agree that unlock are nice but how else can we stop the cheaters and whiners?

If we can give everyone every weapon & unlock then there shouldn't be ably reason to whine nor cheat. But then again... lol

Anyway, I canny wait to get home and play some AK

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

What's funny is that before everyone started watching lvlcap etc, we'd try different scopes. Now it's just kobra or red dot. I personally just use either the kobra or pka 3x scope. I was going to get the 500 kills with each weapon but using the auto snipers is a real grind in soft core mode.

Also wyx, i dont remember having to use a crap gun to unlock a better one o_O, when we that the case?

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Unlocks are generally fine, though I agree it would be a bit more fun to simply have all the attachments for weapons automatically available to you from the get go. That way you could simply tinker with whatever weapons you wanted. I'm still working my way through all the master tags at the moment. 45 of them done.

Had a nice laugh at lunch, capped Alpha on Death Valley, jumped in Arty, saw Charlie was flashing, fired off a full barrage, double kill and vehicle (chopper) destroyed :D