1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows General MW3 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 8 Nov 2011.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Lean?

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Oh dear, what we have long feared has now come to pass. A new generation of gamers who don't remember having the ability to lean in cod :D

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I think they ditched the lean because they didn't think it was worth the programming effort for something that very few people appeared to use.

I really miss that option for fire selection, by this I mean single shot or full auto with the assault rifles. MW1&2 didn't have this option, I haven't bought MW3 yet but presumably they haven't restored this option.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2011
  4. longweight

No they haven't, I am finding the most success with grenade launchers as there are lots of cars to blow up!

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Or IW are just a bunch of assholes. It has been in every COD game except mw2 and mw3. All they have to do is just copy assets and code since it's the same bloody engine with minor tweaks.
    The only thing IW seem to nail with their games is the performance. Treyarch trumps them in just about every other aspect.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Are you at all surprised considering COD still uses UT 2004 Engine

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Actually i am surprised that it uses the UT 2004 engine (better known as unreal engine 2). Please kind sir. Do tell where you got wind of this information.

8. geoboy333

geoboy333 Not always completely useless

I think the reason why they got rid of lean was because it isn't in the console versions and they just ported it code for code to the PC.

9. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Basically. Remember the outrage when "Custom Features" For PC were "Text Chat" and "Graphics Settings" on Mw2's release?

10. longweight

The levels really do suck, I don't mind that it is a patch on MW2 (although that is a shame) but the **** levels? How can they be so bad, so cramped? There is no front line, I seem to always get shot in the back.

11. el2k

el2k Modder

I don't think the maps are too bad.

I can happily snipe on any map and still drop big positives, just need to learn quick scoping and to be fair, it's easier in MW3 than it has ever been!

If the other team are all just sprinting around with ump's etc I an happily just switch to a P90 with rapid fire and shave some chins.

Absolutely loving the game still. Prestige'd and still excited about playing and leveling again!

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

That link says it uses the ID tech 3 engine, not the unreal engine.

14. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

UT 2004 used the Unreal Engine 2 engine (2.5 if you want to be specific), made by Epic Games. Cod isnt based off that at all so you are plain wrong.

The original cod engine was a 'heavily modified' iteration of id Software's 'id Tech 3' engine found in Quake 3 Arena, but it has now been so modified that to say 'zomg its the same engine' may make you happy but its very misleading. Like if you think that MW 1, 2 and 3 have the same hit detection/sound/lag mechanics as Quake 3 Arena you are silly.

The IW 4.0 engine found in MW2 and 3 is IW's own modification of the original IW engine found in their first cod titles, which, yes it is correct, was based upon the Quake 3 Arena engine by id Software, but they have improved it and it has changed quite drastically from cod title to cod title to the point where the IW engine is classed as a proprietary game engine (ie quite separate from id Software's Quake engine).

So if it makes you happy you can say that the latest MW titles are sophisticated iterations of id Software's Quake 3 engine from 1999 (the id Tech 3 engine to be precise), but so what? If you'd played the games you would know that the collision detection/sound/lag technology and so forth is vastly different, and is even different between cod titles because they use different versions of the IW engine.

This explains it as well as the link you posted which didn't help your cause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward

Last edited: 23 Nov 2011